Cheap & Simple Tropical Punch - A BBQ MUST

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The strawberry and cream one I got from asda and morrisons but it actually was a special edition for the royal wedding hence it has a crown on the label but I still see bottles of this knocking around quiet regularly! As I think a lot of ppl liked it

It makes a nice punch but doesn't taste like strawberrys and cream to start off with and when I did it I had a bottle of strawberry and kiwi on the go and at the end was hard pressed to tell the difference between them! Don't get me wrong still a lovely brew but on a blind taste ur mates ain't going to guess what it is!

Hope that's not too disappointing for u!

Thanks very much for that :cheers: explains why I can't find it!
I've got a strawberry and kiwi so this will do :thumb:

My hillbilly style containers from a 2 Cellar 7 kits...

Took a while to start bubbling, but sounded like a pipe had sprung a leak once they started.

Started with some rather noxious eggy smells, but that has gone and now bubbling like crazy and smelling superb, glad they have minimum ageing needs :D

Saw Sainsburys have 5 litre's of Highland Spring water for £1, in a handy 5 litre plastic container, shall be grabbing a couple of them to get more on the go :D

I only joined this forum today. Off to Tesco on the way home from work!

I have been making wine from the Tesco summer fruits and tropical fruit juices and sometimes drink them over ice with fizzy lemonade so it will be interesting to see how this compares.

This will probably be a silly question but how will i know when fermentation has finished? Will it stop bubbling?

I started a Peach and a Apple and Pear last night. They were just starting to bubble as I left for work this morning.

fastlad21 said:
This will probably be a silly question but how will i know when fermentation has finished? Will it stop bubbling?

The airlock bubbles will slow right down and possibly stop, plus if you take a hydrometer reading this will be at 1.000 or below :thumb:

It may also begin to clear.

Ok thanks for that. I only started it last sunday and the bubbles have slowed to roughly a 27 second gap.

It could keep bubbling like that for awhile longer yet, some of mine slowly bubble for weeks!

Ok thanks. When the time comes to bottle it. Do i need to do anything other than priming and syphoning into the bottles?

hmmm, just bottled a summer fruits one of these, had a little sample and i feel this is going to be a problem drink, as it tastes just like a dilute juice, no alcoholic twang to it..... better watch the kid doesnt pick the wrong one up too....lol... think ill do a lemon one next, always liked hooch...

I bottled mine last night an it is the best thing from my DJs.

Might have to invest in more

Thanks to original poster

I've been meaning to have a crack at this for a while now, but its been a really busy few months for me, barely had time to post on here, let alone brew anything.
However, I managed to get over to a hombrew store today and picked up these:

34qvbeo.jpg

Upon taking the picture, I realised the nutrient says it is sufficient for 4.5 ltr. Is this really the case, or will it suffice for larger amounts?
Aside from that, will this yeast + nutrient do the job, as i couldn't get hold of Youngs Super Wine Yeast.

How much do you plan on making?

That should be enough easily to make a demijohn 5L full

If ur talking about a 23L fv batch then that's enough yeast but ur going to need more yeast nutrient or look up about using lemon juice or other as a nutrient :) hope that helps :)

Mine has had a week now and the SG is down to 0.094 so I guess my little yeastie friends have had their fill.

I will bottle it over the weekend. I had a taste and it was not unpleasent but then it was warm and flat so can only get better.

I really didn't know you could do this with diluting juice, I thought only fresh juice, I'm so gonna try this tomorrow!!!!

alawlor66430 said:
I really didn't know you could do this with diluting juice, I thought only fresh juice, I'm so gonna try this tomorrow!!!!

can't recommend it enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back