Christmas!!! Bring it on!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is amazing sweet caramel very easy sipping, quite enjoyed the bit that missed the bowl and ended up in a glass :whistle: :whistle:

I like it because it's not trying to imitate a Scotch Malt. It is completely different, but it is beautifully crafted. Almost Armagnac flavours in there I thought...

Yes it is unlike a Scotch malt, but very rounded almost dare i say it ............. like baileys :eek: :eek:

calumscott said:
It's a lovely dram that. Yup, Scotsman says Welsh whisky is good... :shock:

Penderyn won the "Best World Whisky" gold prize last year. Not bad for a distillery that's not been open that long!

GA, I'm surprised any of it managed to reach the bowl :grin:

Well when it comes to whisky drinking I am set in my ways, islays or talisker by default and perhaps a jura or Orkney at a push. Anything else gets pushed in the emergency or other use category, and since I don't drink it that often it resided in the other use category. I was unbelievably pleasantly suprised by it. Well worth keeping for drinking.
:lol:

Well they are now made the Winter Festive Puddings all tucked up in new paper duvets after having a wee drink before bed time :whistle: :whistle:

Trafford-20131103-00150_zpsfbd358f5.jpg

This is then after they came out of the steamer.

Good work that man!!

Bad news is your house only smells like that for another few hours... :(

I can't wait for Ch$stmas now

Did I really say that :wha: :wha:

Brandy sauce to go with it but sub whisky for Brandy, not a big brandy fan :lol: :lol:

Thants if there is anything left of this bottle of Penderyn :whistle: :whistle:

Still got a bottle of glenlivet though not my favourite of malts and definitely in the other use category.

graysalchemy said:
I can't wait for Ch$stmas now

Did I really say that :wha: :wha:

I'm thoroughly in the Christmas mood. I've been listening to Libera's "Christmas Album" and Enya's "And Winter Came", and I'm part way through making the gift I'm giving my brother and his wife (I love being able to say that!).

Since they're newlyweds there's loads of things they don't yet have, so I'm making Christmas tree decorations since I know neither of them have ever owned a tree. I've got three dozen 3" wide curtain rings, and have sprayed nine gold, and am currently painting nine dark green and another nine blood red, leaving nine the original mahogany. I'll varnish them with polyurethane gloss, then decorate them with bells, robins, red & tartan ribbons, and false holly leaves & poinsettia flowers. I'll also do eighteen pine cones, half of them sprayed gold - my mum, aunt and I used pine cones in the place-name decorations for their wedding two weeks ago, so it'll be picking up on that theme. I'll also do nine decorations using five dried rosehips threaded onto transparent thread.

Latest posts

Back