Christmas!!! Bring it on!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great OP, I very much agree. Also kids should only get one big present and it should be made of wood. :thumb: An assortment of smaller gifts such as chocolate and an orange is quite acceptable aswell but not more than 12 total.

O and I signed the patition and verified the email but its still stuck at 3? :wha:

:cheers: I think they take a wee while to update...

EDIT: only another 99,996 signatures to go... :lol:

calumscott said:
fizz head1982 said:
If we are successful with this whats next? Easter eggs? :thumb:

Minimum chocolate thickness in there too? :lol:

Of course and demand they go back to putting small packs of sweets inside, not just empty eggs.

Actually I've just realised what Im doing this Christmas, this plan has been a long long time in the making - over 3 years... Im going to my mothers for the "full bag of mashings" (also referred to as "the full nose bag") as only she can make, Ill take some of home brew and two very nice bottles of mead I have been saving since April, I make take a couple of bottles of the Cinnamon and clove too, and exchange some small but well meaning gifts... What I am actually gonna do is watch TV. How is that different you ask? - I havent watched tv in 3 and half years... Imagine, all the shows will be new, hardly any repeats! :lol:

fizz head1982 said:
What I am actually gonna do is watch TV. How is that different you ask? - I havent watched tv in 3 and half years... Imagine, all the shows will be new, hardly any repeats!

Wanna bet? :rofl:

dennisdk2000 said:
The absolute best thing to do with left-over Christmas pudding is to make Pudini balls - sort of Christmas pudding truffle balls. Yum! I'll dig out the recipe if anyone's interested.

Dennis
I am please!

I've got the ingredients, making my mincemeat tomorrow. :D

Redcar said:
dennisdk2000 said:
The absolute best thing to do with left-over Christmas pudding is to make Pudini balls - sort of Christmas pudding truffle balls. Yum! I'll dig out the recipe if anyone's interested.

Dennis
I am please!

I've got the ingredients, making my mincemeat tomorrow. :D

I'd also like the recipe :thumb:

calumscott said:
Redcar said:
calumscott said:
- Just mixed up the Mincemeat which will get cooked off and potted tomorrow. Be warned, if you decide to do this you will have to do it EVERY year from now on, commercial mincemeat is vile by comparison.
A bit off/topic Mr CS but could you give us your recipe please? :)

It's actually a Delia Smith recipe from "Complete Cookery Course" (which is a brilliant easy book). I've found it online though:

http://patientgardener.wordpress.com/20 ... mincemeat/

I was a bit hasty potting mine this year and some of the fat has separated in the jars. Make sure it's reasonably cool when you pot it. :thumb:
[/quote]

It is on page two of this thread Tim. See above. :thumb:

Baked the cake, made the pud.

All I need to do it preorder the turkey and ask the greengrocer about veg and I'll worry about the rest later on, don't do all this months of shopping, I go out and buy all the extra booze, all the food and all the presents a week or so before the date.

Why be stressed so much?

Megaross said:
Baked the cake, made the pud.

All I need to do it preorder the turkey and ask the greengrocer about veg and I'll worry about the rest later on, don't do all this months of shopping, I go out and buy all the extra booze, all the food and all the presents a week or so before the date.

Why be stressed so much?

Because that's what the people who want to flog you stuff want you to feel!! I want everyone to enjoy Christmas again, to get excited during Advent, to feast properly on the day, to wind down (with maybe some Scottishness thrown in at New Year) to 12th night...

...not to be bombarded with Christmas constantly from the end of September so that by the time December comes you just can't face it anymore.

epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/56333 ;)

Started my christmas puddings, soaking the fruit overnight in half a bottle of elderberry stout (drank the other half whilst 'cooking') and a good glug of Penderyn Single Welsh Malt ( had a snifter of that as well bloody nice)

:thumb:

It's a lovely dram that. Yup, Scotsman says Welsh whisky is good... :shock:

Latest posts

Back