Cleaning bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clives-online

Reaction score
Greetings,

If I put bottles in the dishwasher, do still need to sterilise the bottles afterwards??

Thanks,
Clive

Do I need to rinse the bottles after sterilising them??

Thanks
Clive
Only if you don't like the taste of what you're using for sterilising! In all seriousness though, if you're using a chemical for sterilising, then follow the instructions. I'd be just as concerned about making sure the soap from the dishwasher is gone since soap taste is noticeable and avoidable.

I never actually used soap in the dishwasher. Just a hot cycle with a heated dry. And I bottle straight from there. Other times, if the bottles were cleaned out ahead of time, I'd just rinse with StarSan solution and bottle.

I rinse bottles out after using them and fill with some boiling hot water, let them drip dry and then store away. When I need them again I just give them a rinse with a non rinse steriliser using a bottle rinser and let them drip dry and fill with beer again.

Attachments

• 19D152AE-DDA3-4211-BC15-BC5821F5583D.jpeg
    19D152AE-DDA3-4211-BC15-BC5821F5583D.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 86AA439A-9C3E-405D-998C-C5A9E3B116E4.jpeg
    86AA439A-9C3E-405D-998C-C5A9E3B116E4.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 51
i steep the bottles overnight in the bath with oxi, rinse them out then straight into the dishwasher on the short 11 minute cycle pull them out let them let them cool for 5 minutes then prime and bottle using no sterilizing product at all,the only sterilizing product i use is thin bleach on the fermenters and only had one infected batch in nine years brewing:beer1:athumb..

Latest posts

Back