Co2 bulbs won’t pressurise my keg?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarlingStu

Reaction score
Hi all, I need to add some pressure to my keg because it’s near glugging, I’m using the 8g capsules, now when I screw the black plastic holder down it pierces the capsule but none goes into the keg, I just end up with really cold fingers!
What am I doing wrong?
I’ve tried 4 capsules so far and haven’t managed to get any gas into the keg at all!
Any help is greatly appreciated.

The hippie crack bulbs go cold anyways.
Can you see the gas expelling from anywhere, you'd notice if it wasn't going into bucket?
You sealed the O ring?

The gas doesn’t make it into the keg at all, just gets pierced and all escapes, in the past I’ve been able to hear it going in.
I am using the co2 capsules from wilko and they are a different brand than I usually use, could be a slightly different shape?

Has it worked before? If so, sounds like the tiny tube within the piercing pin could be blocked. You could trty removing the PB cap, removing the internal rubber sheath over the gas inlet hole in the valve, and then blowing back to find out.
Just seen your next post just before mine....
If the bulb is a different size and the holder is not screwing down enough to get a seal you will lose CO2.
If all else fails reprime with more sugar and you will be up and running again in a few days. I dont use CO2 and do that . 70g sugar needed for a half full PB.

Last edited:
The gas comes doesn’t make it into the keg at all, just gets pierced and all escapes, in the past I’ve been able to hear it going in.

Has it worked before? If so, sounds like the tiny tube within the piercing pin could be blocked. You could trty removing the PB cap, removing the internal rubber sheath over the gas inlet hole in the valve, and then blowing back to find out.
Just seen your next post just before mine....
If the bulb is a different size and the holder is not screwing down enough to get a seal you will lose CO2.
If all else fails reprime with more sugar and you will be up and running again in a few days. I dont use CO2 and do that . 70g sugar needed for a half full PB.
I’ll try a re prime I think, I normally bottle but thought I’d use the keg because I felt lazy!

Problem sorted!
It was wikos cheap co2 bulbs!
Just tried isi bulbs and the keg pressurises fine now!
Don’t skimp on co2.

Latest posts

Back