Commercial Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hops_and_Dreams

Landlord.
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some nice sweetish stouts (not Guinness) that are available in the likes of Tesco etc please? I tried St Peters Cream Stout last week, which was nice, but a little strong.

I really must get around to making a small batch of oatmeal stout.

my wife was doing some beef in beer this afternoon using hook norton double stout....I had a couple of swigs and it tasted very nice. Its available in Waitrose, but not in Tesco or Sainsburys unfortunately.

Cheers Tartan, I have a waitrose near by so might have a look later. Not looked for Stout in there before, so there might be a few I've not come across before. Their beer selection seems to be a lot better than Sainsbury's (my other local).

Can anyone recommend some nice sweetish stouts (not Guinness) that are available in the likes of Tesco etc please? I tried St Peters Cream Stout last week, which was nice, but a little strong.

I really must get around to making a small batch of oatmeal stout.

I love youngs double chocolate stout ideal for when i want something a little less extreme. entire stout from hopback is on sale at morrisons that's nice too.

Easy to find:

Hook Norton Double Stout
Shepherd Neame Double Stout
Guinness Foreign Extra
Titanic Stout
Fuller's Black Cab (I particularly like this one for such an affordable supermarket beer)

Harder to find:

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout

Super hard to find:

de Struise Black Albert (I had this in Bruges (****in' Brooooj!) three weeks ago and it ended my night. 13% abv. Absolutely delicious but absolutely savage!)

Easy to find:

Hook Norton Double Stout
Shepherd Neame Double Stout
Guinness Foreign Extra
Titanic Stout
Fuller's Black Cab (I particularly like this one for such an affordable supermarket beer)

Harder to find:

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout

Super hard to find:

de Struise Black Albert (I had this in Bruges (****in' Brooooj!) three weeks ago and it ended my night. 13% abv. Absolutely delicious but absolutely savage!)

in bruges in 10 days or so :whistle: must check out that one.

in bruges in 10 days or so :whistle: must check out that one.

It's pretty widely available - it's on the menu in Cambrinus if you want one with dinner, or at the better bottle shops if you want to take one away (protip - The Bottle Shop http://www.thebottleshop.be/ was my favourite of the booze shops with really friendly and helpful staff and an amazing selection, but De Biertempel http://www.biertempel.eu/ while having a narrower selection and less helpful staff is around a euro a bottle cheaper for pricier beers).

I'd go back to Bruges tomorrow given half a chance. Absolutely loved the place.

Latest posts

Back