Conical fast fermenter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GDog

Regular.
Reaction score
my neighbour has been getting a Conical fast fermenter, no more racking. He said it's a game changer, but expensive at £80+ stand . Sediment drops into a removable 'ball' which you remove and clean, and onto stage 2.

Anyone got one?

Al

Google Catalyst fermenter, Fermentasaurus and Fast Ferment. All the same principle. Ranked 1 to 3.

Catalyst and fast ferment can’t do sealed and pressurised (no o2 exposure) fermentation and transfers.

While they are good, fermentasaurus is No1 for me. And it’s under £100.

That’s true Hoddy but the trub collection is pants in comparison. If that’s sorted on the V2 I’ll swap mine as pressure transfer and fermenting is very cool. I do them both on my SS conical.

That’s true Hoddy but the trub collection is pants in comparison. If that’s sorted on the V2 I’ll swap mine as pressure transfer and fermenting is very cool. I do them both on my SS conical.

Ooooh you have a shiny chronicle?

I have the SS brew bucket as well, but for me the FS has been great the last 14 months i have had it. If the designs are correct i would expect the yeast and trub collection to be A1 in the V2 as its all be purpose designed this time around rather than "adapted" from a key keg body which the V1 is.

I had a fast ferment and wasn't impressed. It's actually quite awkward to clean and store due to its shape, and after about 1.5 years mine broke and would leak. I'm of the opinion that these plastic conicals aren't worth it, and I'll stick to plastic buckets until maybe one day when I splurge on a SS conical fermenter.

Ive got one of these and they are amazing. For making white wine they are the best.

thanks everyone, ill compare these alternatives. i wont need pressure as its just for wine.

If its for wine , no brainer. The white ive attached was the after the second rack while i bottled. Yet when i do it in fermentation bins its always hazy. And yes the only way to drink wine is in a half pint nelson glass.
IMG-20180915-WA0036.jpeg
IMG-20180915-WA0029.jpeg
20180915_132845.jpg

Latest posts

Back