Coopers Canadian blonde kit.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
Hi folks
a010.gif

My 2nd brew in a month :shock: .

Wanted to try the above kit for a while now, so I've put it on. 1 tin Canadian blonde, 1kg of mixed malt & dextrose & S-04, it performed well in my last brew here.

The OG seemed a little low to me, 1044, maybe it's about right, but I like a beer just over 5%, so I threw a cup of sugar in for good measure :lol: . Wort temp was a little on the high side so I left it to cool for a couple of hours, yeast only just pitched.

Couldn't see anything in the rules about not mentioning any shops, but please remove if I missed that one. I'm always in Leyland, Lancs, there's one on Chapel Brow in Leyland, so I called in there this morning at 9.05am :whistle: :lol: . The shop had plenty of stuff packed in there anyway.

Looking forward to adding this batch with my other one ready for xmas :drink: .

Happy brewing all.

Hi Chris, I brew this all the time as its a great brew for cynical guests to try out a homebrew beer.
I have experimented with it as you have and now realise that the best results are with Coopers brew enhancer and the supplied yeast.
Last time I tried US-05 yeast and it took months to condition in the bottles although its really clear and drinkable right now.
I've tried Muntons BKE and my own dextrose/DME mix and I still reckon the Coopers BKE is best. Sometimes its ready to drink after 3 weeks in the bottles !!! Unfortunately the OH loves it so I rarely get any :)

Fender Precision said:
I've tried Muntons BKE and my own dextrose/DME mix and I still reckon the Coopers BKE is best.

I wonder if that is because of the 400g of maltodextrin in Coopers Brew Enhancer 1 :hmm:
(the rest being 600g of dextrose)

Thanks guys :mrgreen: .

It seems to be their own label enhancer stuff. Well, it had a sticky label of their own on anyway.

I woke up just after 3am this morning & the brew pinged to mind :oops: , so I came downstairs to have a nosey at it. The head was going like the clappers thanks to the fast acting S-04 yeast. Here's what it looks like as of 10 mins ago, but at 3am this morning it was as high as the mark towards the right of the FV :clap: :
Cooperscanadiancrown.jpg

Looking forward to this one, I believe it's light in colour & has a fresh crisp taste :drink: .

Latest posts

Back