Coopers IPA, which hops?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put the second oneof these in FV on Sunday,same thing happened slowwww to get going and not a very vigorous fermentation,I wonder if its been designed as a steady acting brew and yeast?

The first Brew A I did was slow compared to 'normal' Coopers kits including two recent Real Ales I have done.
So perhaps you are right :thumb:
I wasn't too impressed with it either so after I have done the remaining one in my store I probably won't do another one.
I prefer the AuPA and the Real Ale with tweaks instead.

Coopers had some kind of problem with the yeasts in the new range. I did read that they tracked the batch down to some stores in Australia.
Maybe some of them made their way out of the country.

I've no intention of using any of the new range at present. I'm getting stuck in to Morgans & I've found a place that sells Muntons.

Coopers had some kind of problem with the yeasts in the new range. I did read that they tracked the batch down to some stores in Australia.
Maybe some of them made their way out of the country.

I've no intention of using any of the new range at present. I'm getting stuck in to Morgans & I've found a place that sells Muntons.
Useful to know :thumb:
If you get a Muntons Wherry, if its available in Oz, make sure you change the yeast though, or you could be heading for the dreaded 1.020 stuck fermentation well known on this forum.

Useful to know :thumb:
If you get a Muntons Wherry, if its available in Oz, make sure you change the yeast though, or you could be heading for the dreaded 1.020 stuck fermentation well known on this forum.

Thanks mate.

Yes I remember reading about the Muntons stuck yeast, but I couldn't find the thread when I wanted to reread it. Was it only the Wherry or all Muntons kits?

I'm actually heading up near that shop today for work. If time allows I'll pop in and see what he does have.

I do know he's not a fan of Coopers. He didn't have any Coopers English Bitter last time I wanted some. He wasn't too impressed with the new Coopers range.

Yes I remember reading about the Muntons stuck yeast, but I couldn't find the thread when I wanted to reread it. Was it only the Wherry or all Muntons kits?
I do know he's not a fan of Coopers. He didn't have any Coopers English Bitter last time I wanted some. He wasn't too impressed with the new Coopers range.
Pete
As far as I'm aware it seems to be restricted to the Wherry kit, although other Muntons kits may also be affected to a lesser degree and they just don't get reported on here.
However Muntons make kits for Wilko in the UK and I have only done two, Hoppy Copper and the now discontinued two can Wheat beer, and both of those stopped short of where they should have ended up. Perhaps I was unlucky.
As for Coopers, I might try the odd one from the new range at some point other than the Brew A IPA which hasn't impressed me, but will probably just stick with boosting/pimping the AuPA, Real Ale and Irish Stout kits, the latter I prefer to the Original Stout.

Thanks terrym.

No Wherry at the store. Just the Muntons Connoisseurs Range, which is a little disappointing. I should have asked if he could order one in, as it is available on some sites in Australia.
Anyhow I bought a Morgans Lager to brew for guests instead. I did ask him about the Muntons yeast stalling and he said he'd never heard of it. He went on that the Muntons yeast
was far better than Coopers. Coopers yeast was rubbish in his opinion. As with most homebrew stores the owners have their opinions on things.

I've got a couple of brews on at the moment and another two planned. Then I'll take a trip back to the store and pick up a Muntons Pale Ale. They are a bit more expensive than the Coopers.
But I just want IPA. None of this new Coopers range appeal to me.

As for the yeast I splashed out and bought a few packets of decent yeast which are now in the fridge. I'm thinking of washing some yeast to see how that works to save some money.

Back