Cooper's pet caps?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerisGOD

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi guys

Have wilkos stopped selling the Cooper's pet bottle caps?
Both stores close to me no longer have a shelf for them and can't see them on they're web site either? I'd be ****** off paying much more than £1.50 elsewhere but if that's my only option, so be it.
The tesco near me have also stopped selling beer stuff which I was hoping would be the second best place option.

I'm afraid that Wilko's looks as though it's pulling out of brewing altogether.

My husband was on holiday this week and offered to buy me the wine yeast that I needed, along with a Sweet Newkie Brown kit that he was interested in.

None of the smaller Wilkos had any yeast and when he spoke to a Store Manager he said they they were winding down stocks of brewing equipment and ingredients.

Wilkos is in trouble and it seems that they are dropping areas with low profit margins. :(

That's a real shame about Wilko winding down their in store HB'ing. I've got a Wilko about ten minutes away and it was handy, just in case. Tesco seem to have handed their HB business over to a company called Cleverboxes and the Coopers Lager is £19 and their Wherry is £26, so that's gone to the dogs as well.

Mine has pulled all coppers branded items and replaced it with woodfordes, all the 2 can kits and the starter kit with bucket, but they now stock John bull tins and I prefer that ipa over coopers ( tho didn't stop me buying the last remaining coopers ipa tins for 7 quid each )

Back