Coopers stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
So this is my second beer brewday and remembered to take a few pics on my way.

The ingredients:
IMG_20121021_122052.jpg

1 can Coopers original stout
1kg extra dark DME
200g Billingtons unrefined cane sugar
2 tblspoons black treacle

The brew:
In go the ingredients
IMG_20121021_123849.jpg

All mixed in and getting frothy
IMG_20121021_124533.jpg

Topped up to about 20 litres
IMG_20121021_125411.jpg

Yeast pitched
IMG_20121021_125814.jpg

Details:
Pitching temperature: 21C
OG: 1.050
Brew length: 20 litres for a bit extra body and slightly stronger taste

I was expecting to have problems getting everything to mix properly but using 1 kettle of boiled water (1.7l) and a bit a patience just keeping the liquid moving the only real work I had to do was scrape the treacle off the bottom of the FV.

I know this thread isn't as exciting as the AG threads but I'm excited for this brew :cheers:.

I just kegged my Coopers Stout yesterday. Made with 1kg Dark SM , 300g brown sugar and 500g Golden syrup. Sample tasted lovely.

Not much different from the Irish Stout i did previously with a tin of Treacle..

Yours will be great :cheers:

Wanting to try this myself when my FV is empty, just bottled a Heart of England stout but it doesn't smell rich enough for my taste...

Thanks for the comments. Not sure if it was the bag of DME but the downstairs of the house all smelt malty when I was making this up. I'm really lookig forward to moving on to some partial brews soon with a bit of grain and hops added I'm expecting it to smell even nicer.

Latest posts

Back