Coopers Yeast.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My latest AG brew was only a 10 litre experiment so decided to use up a spare sachet of yeast from a Coopers kit.
It was 7g of R007, so seemed an ideal amount.
OG was 1.062 and it's already at 1.010 after only 3 days!
I've dry hopped it just now as I guess it's nearly done.
Anyone know what Cooper R007 yeast is?

Last edited:
Long time since I used any, but it ferments quickly and vigorously and tolerated relatively high temperatures quite well.
It must surely originate from the Brewery of the same name in South Australia, which in turn is likely to be a yeast of English extraction that has evolved to cope with the local conditions.

The initial ferment is usually done after 3 days, but of course 2 weeks in the fermenter is still good advice.

The word on the Aussie forums is that Coopers kit yeast is manufactured for them by Mauribrew, and is not a dried form of the Cooper's brewery yeast. I think attempts to dry it were unsuccessful. As far as dried ale yeasts go, Cooper's kit yeast is decent, robust and reliable and temperature tolerant. Gives good consistent results. Check out the (long) comment from 'notmyrealname' down the page here:

https://beer.suregork.com/?p=4030

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back