Copenhagen

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMP Brewery

Just realised I can put something here :)
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to Copenhagen for a few days next week, any recommendations for where to go for a beer (or otherwise), and any beers to try having never been to Denmark before.

Depends where you are in Copenhagen, but there's lots of options.

Taphouse is quite central, and has lots of taps!

In Vestboro you have:
Warpigs - Brewpub run by 3 Floyds and Mikkeller, also great BBQ food there, so maybe go for lunch)
Fermentoren - Pub run by Dry and Bitter brewery.

In Nordboro there is:
Himmeriget (smaller bar, but nice)
Brus (lots of stuff brewed on site)
Mikkeller & Friends (run by Mikkeller)

All of these have a big range of beers - hoppy, dark, sour, lagery, fruity or a mix! It's all eyewateringly expensive, so unless you've got an expenses account order the small beers (200ml), take your time and try lots of stuff.

Excellent.. Cheers, just the other side of the Park to Nordboro, so will have to try those.

I'm afraid it's not a works do, we are off to see Cold Play and have a couple of days either side.

When I was there before covid in November in the Nyhavn area I saw a lot of locals buy beer bottles and cans and drank in the streets to keep prices down the street food places are worth a visit. Also you can buy your metro / train pass on line use it from CPH to the city centre get the correct platform right for Malmo Sweden trains left for Copenhagen Tivoli Gardens are a short walk from the main station although it was closed when I was there. Some of the shopping market arcade have cafe / bars worth checking out

You can take a boat tour to see Nyhaven and the Little Mermaid from the water. A walk through Christiania is an eye opener for a view of Denmark's alternative side.
Norreboro is my favourite district for bars/eating out/clubs, the park is nice too with swimming pool and Sauna.

War Pigs is class. I was there in 2017 for the MBCC beer fest and didn't think it was that expensive. Well, not compared to 2017 Belfast prices. Maybe a quid more per pint but the range was excellent and worth the extra cost, IMO. Not sure what the prices are like now though but a standard pint of Guinness in Belfast is around £6 ATM.

Back