Cornelius Keg Cleaning ideas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you use oxy clean and boiling water theres no need for pull throughs etc. Just add the boiling water to a large spoon of oxy then fasten corny lid and shake. Pressure builds in the keg. Then its just a matter of covering the out post with a cloth and pressing the pin lock valve so that the oxy travels up and out the dip tube. :thumb:

Mark1964 said:
Then its just a matter of covering the out post with a cloth and pressing the pin lock valve so that the oxy travels up and out the dip tube. :thumb:

Or forgetting the cloth and squirting yourself in the face with boiling hot oxi-clean. :?
Doh!

Hawks said:
Or connect your tap up and clean tap and lines at the same time.... :thumb:

+1

I run about a pint of of oxy through the beer tap then open up the cornie, put a splash of diluted starsan in, give it a shake then run the liquid out through the tap beer tap on my kegerator.
Voila, sanitised cornie (ready for the beer) and pipes.

if you dont want to use gas for cleaning a 5l or bigger garden pump spray bottle can be used to pump cleaner, then rinse and then steriliser into the gas in post.

Mark1964 said:
if you use oxy clean and boiling water theres no need for pull throughs etc. Just add the boiling water to a large spoon of oxy then fasten corny lid and shake. Pressure builds in the keg. Then its just a matter of covering the out post with a cloth and pressing the pin lock valve so that the oxy travels up and out the dip tube. :thumb:

I'll give that a go, having bought a keg off eBay I didn't really feel satisfied until I got a brush to it.

Back