Corny homebrew alternative

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BROADE

Reaction score
Just wondering as my home brew wont be ready to keg in corny in time and condition for Xmas. Is it possible to fill it with something like blade/perfect keg beers or even use these kegs on my kegarator

Not quite sure what you mean, but why not pop round to your nearest brewery or micro and ask them to fill it up with something for you. No good reason why you shouldn't dispense it under pressure as normal.

Or you can go for those fancy PET kegs, I think they're called keykeg(?), Much better choice, and not that much messing around, like trying to hook up any of those small toy kegs.

My beer ran out the week before a party I was holding. Local brewery, Redemption, helped me out with a keg of their delicious West Coast IPA. Only just fit in the fridge mind!

6BC804ED-A27E-45A3-AF93-7EC0F7FFCAA0.jpeg

How much did that cost
It was pretty expensive as it's 6% so there's a lot more duty on it, I think it was £150 for 30l with no deposit or rush to get the empty keg back to them, so a tad under £3 a pint. Was worth it though, tasted delicious and was super fresh, I was one of the first people to get one after it had been kegged the week before. Their 'normal' range is cheaper, around the £100 mark (they do a lovely cask IPA, Big Chief) and they often have 5l mini-kegs for £20 a pop.
Depending on your timing they can fill a corny for you, just depends what's in the bright tanks and if it's ready or not. If you're anywhere near north London you should pop in and see them (well, probably not now we are semi locked down again!), Andy, the founder, is a great guy.

You can ask a local brewery if they can fill a keg for you for around £40 or you can get a bag in a box from most breweries and just transfer it. I did this over the summer and just purged a keg. You can get an adapter which you and a line on to get it to the bottom of a purged keg.

Latest posts

Back