Corny Tap and Disconnect (All in one tap)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone worked out how to use these?

I've tried different amounts of pressure and it's either pure foam or flat.

After purchase I read a few reviews and the consensus was they're ok if you're taking the keg somewhere, but otherwise fairly useless.

We should hopefully be getting our own place in the new year, then I'll sort out some proper taps with beer line for the bar we have planned, but how can I get the best out of the tap for now?

Think they're all broadly the same, but this is the one I have - http://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=634

I kegged with priming sugar as I could only get hold of a sodastream cylinder so this may be the problem with the lack of carb.

I can't open the link? If you re-post it that might sort it. Is it a party tap on a short length of 3/8" line?

Image(6).jpg

I'm new to kegging but afaik you need a length of line to regulate the flow and why your getting foam. My only suggestion is playing around with your regulator to try and find the sweet spot for serving. Can you unscrew the tap and ad a length of line?

Possibly they would work if the beer was seriously chilled and at a very low serving pressure.
I have a party tap with about 2m of 3/16 beer line and this seems to work ok.

Fixed the link hopefully, but it's the one Mark posted.

Yes, I think it's the lack of beer line which is causing the issues. My next two beers are going to be low carbed anyway, so I'll serve them at 3/4psi and they should be ok.

Mark, I was looking at this option last night, I'm pretty sure it does unscrew. I'll get some JG fittings and then I can use it as a regular faucet with beer line. Will do for a few months and then I'll buy a shank to fit it in the bar.

Here ya go mate :cheers:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3SgNUQ3eks[/ame]

I own one and used it successfully at 3-4psi but, tbh, I prefer my party tap and a length of 3/16 hose. Saves me faffing about dropping the corny gas pressure to serve then having to put back up to 12-14psi when I'm finished to maintain decent carbonation.

Latest posts

Back