coventry here

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbeefy

Vanner
Reaction score
hi all bigbeefy signing in

i have brewed in the past just about to start my first brew for many a year as soon as i get a delivery from ebay

shouldnt be too many stupid questions as im a regular forum user so know how to use the search box lol

Not that I know of sadly.

I did pop into that guy in Cov Market (brewer Bill)

I cannot say I had too much of a look around as my 5 year old son was with me but he seemed a bit pricey if I was honest. I will probably need to go have another proper look. Some of it looked a bit dusty which worries me if you're using liquid extract.

I have heard the range do a few bits and bobs but to be honest I just get my stuff off the online suppliers

yup brewer bill is pricey but been there since i was a kid im 47 now and im sure some of his stock is older than me lol

looked online at the range but found nothing
wilko does some stuff going to try there own label stout

there a place in nuneaton by the tool shop in the town looked at his online prices seems a bit pricey but going to pop in over the weekend and see what he has

Welcome to the forum beefy, have a look at the tesco home brew section if you spend over £25 click and collect is free.

ty chippy have looked at tesco but only a quick glance

i see wilko dont charge for click and collect at all

just looking at homebrew online web site and so far he seems cheap on prices

wilko is in next town to me mrs likes to go there on a sat to look around the market so dont mind going wilko

im in tesco most days but dont agree with paying for them to deliver to store esp when the truck is going there anyway

but im sure tesco will do click and collect free soon

Hi there,
Born and bred in Tile Hill now living also near the Ricoh, I can see a few beer swaps on the way here or a Coventry microbrewery. The Health shop in Nuneaton is good for supplies but also look at WILKO while you are over there, it tends to stock a bit more than the Cov ones.

born in bulfield ave
live james greeen rd 11 stories jardine crescent etc etc
drank in woodlands prince new star etc

going over nuneaton sat so will check them out and get the last bits ready to start once my ebay stuff arrives

Big Hello to all me old mucka's back home....Binley born and bred, now living the dream in sunny Norfolk........

"I would give up drinking, but i'm no quitter"...:thumb:

Didn't realise there was a coventry community here :D

I must admit though looking at that Tesco it looks expensive to me but if you're getting only the odd bit here and there.

I actually get my ingredients and kit mostly from http://www.geterbrewed.com/

For example £14 for 3kg of DME.. That said they do have a £3.75 delivery charge but if you double up and get a bulk order so over £50 its free.

Lived on tile hill lane,timothy grove and middlecotes, frequented the new lands,fletch..gone,new star......gone and Phoenix....now wing wah. Used to go in the woodlands after college but that's gone as well, is it any wonder we brew our own when every decent boozer seems to shut. I'm 46 and went to woodlands incidentally.

well im 47 im sure we must of bumped into each other
not at school as i went to ullathorne

covrich well we are a city of **** heads

tei i was in the woodlands on the last day it was open think i had half the contents of the pub in the back of my van by the end of the day

mine was a big family in tile hill 12 uncles 3 aunts on my dads side they all used to drink in the newlands 20+ years ago

Latest posts

Back