Cracked corn,malt etc

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcmental

Reaction score
Where's the best places to be buying your cracked ingredients? Online or some local shops?

Many thanks

Chris

You should of course shop around, but always check the forum sponsors - generally good prices and service. Links at top and bottom of page!

I've used the Malt Miller as the service is great - order at 11.57am and it came next day. Price for 25kg sacks are very competitive plus has a huge range of the more interesting malts.

I tried using the Homebrew Company but their website clears your basket if you leave it for a while. Makes it very difficult to place an order if your unable to do it in one sitting. I'm also less keen as they are Irish - I prefer to deal with a UK company in case there are any issues.

I have found the problem with some local shops is that they focus on kits rather than all grain and therefore they do not turn over their malt and hop stocks very often. Fresh ingredients are more important to me than price.

We are lucky around Colchester in having a very well stocked homebrew shop (Colchester Homebrew). I get my malt and hops in bulk from the Maltmiller as he is cheap and fast, and the bits and pieces from the shop.

Latest posts

Back