Craft beer co. london

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHW

Landlord.
Reaction score
Not sure how many forum members are in London, but if you are I'd recommend the craft beer co. in Covent garden. About 100 craft beers at slightly extortionate prices (£5 a pint, though you're probably used to that if you're in london) but some amazing beer.

In particular the amarillo/centennial ipa from the kernel brewery: http://www.thekernelbrewery.com

Which was extraordinarily florallly hopped, fantastic. Amazing amount of flavour packed into a pint. Got to love these American hop strains, they're taking beers to different levels.

I know, ridiculous. I'm in the fortunate position that I was taking work clients for drinks so I didn't actually have to pay that myself. Frankly wouldn't pay that myself, hence the homebrew hobby!

London beer prices is why I homebrew

The Kernal brewery is quite local to me - I can cycle there in about 10 mins.

There porter is really nice but exepensive as a 330ml bottle costs more than a pint in my local 'craft ale' pub. If your collecting bottles though don't go for the kernal one's there an absolute pig to remove - brown paper stuck on with superglue

I paid £4.50 for a pint in Sunderland on Saturday, was fantastic but can I hell remember what I was called.

The hotel I stayed at in London recently had The Kernel IPA in the mini bar and I was impressed by it...mind, that was £5 for 330ml.

Kernel is very good beer, my local wine shop stocks a good selection.

The "Table Beer" they brew is very good. London restaurants sell the 330ml bottles for ~£4 a pop.

I'm also a fan of Kernel beer - there are a few shops in Edinburgh where you can buy it. Never had a problem getting the labels off the bottles - maybe I've been lucky?

I did the Brew UK extract kit for Kernel Citra Double IPA and it is excellent - need to make that recipe again soon as I'm running low :cheers:

Another place to watch soon will be UBrew in Bermondsey. I got in on it when they were crowdfunding, the idea being you pay an annual membership and you get to use their professional equipment with discounted rates on ingredients, and they provide you with a nice on site conical for the duration of your membership. The idea has progressed to the point that they will at some point soon have an on site tap room where they will sell local craft (and you can't get more local than the Kernel) as well as member made brews, assuming it's good enough of course.

Latest posts

Back