Cross My Loof 20/20 Vision

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Branny

Beer swillin, pie munchin, fat mon
Reaction score
I apologise in advance given that this is both my first AG brew and first beer review. I'll also set the scene by saying AFAIK I've never tasted an American Blonde so I'll base this on what I perceive against Brewfather characteristics.

This was brewed in a 35L Maischfest as full mash and in a bag. I chose this as something simple and quick to test the system, achieving an efficiency of 70% and 5% abv. Here goes...

Aroma - malt detectable with light caramel notes. Low hop aroma. Clean fermentation.

Appearance - light yellow, fairly clear. Low head with good retention and lacing.

Flavour - toasty to biscuit. Low/low medium bitterness. Medium finish.

Comparison - BF places between an American Lager and Cream Ale. I'd prefer either of those to this American Blonde.

Summary - Hits BF description of an American blonde with 20 mash and 20 boil so 10/10 to CML for the kit. Personally the style isn't for me so I won't repeat but will drink every last drop. If American Blonde is for you then it is probably worth a go, especially as its so quick.

Any questions just ask and I'll see if I understand them!

Last edited:
Couldn't post image on initial.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20230208_210808.jpg
    MVIMG_20230208_210808.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back