Crossmyloof update

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prog99

Landlord.
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/TheCrossmyloof
For those who don't use Facebook -
Hi there and hope you're all having a good weekend with a few beers and a glass of vino or three?
We thought we'd take time out to make a small announcement whilst we've a bit of down time and a beer in our hand. If the last few years have reminded us of anything, it's to never take life for granted. We have been extremely fortunate and we are forever grateful for your support over the last 10 years. However, we have for the same reason taken the tough decision to dial down the work a bit (nice problem to have, we know) so we can dedicate our time to other important things.
This means, for the time being, our website will only be open to members. This is not a ruse to get you to sign up though! It's a genuine attempt to create some balance in life and look after ourselves with a holiday or two. We do not know how it'll work out, so we've decided to try it for a few months and see how it goes, but if you've ordered in the last few years you'll still be likely to continue ordering. This is really an opportunity to limit new customers, so hopefully you'll all understand? Anyway, it's definitely beer time, enjoy yours and take care of yourselves out there! Steve, Tom, Cam and Wayward Mark - The CML Team

btw, I’m not from CML
I've quickly gone and created an account as it seems I never did in the past. There's a few comments from them to say it’s to limit new customers and as long as you've ordered in the past they'll approve your account.

Last edited:
Fully respect their decision, but for the sake of discussion I don't get the logic,. If your expected your existing customer base to continue to order your going to be as busy as you currently are and by not allowing orders from 'new' customers you are simply restricting growth .

But sure they know what they are doing and wish them luck, I know they are respected here and I am sure I would have ordered from them.in time .

Sometimes growth in business can be not right.
You can get busier but overheads can cancel them out or service can suffer a strange anomaly but it does happen.
Expansion is when the time is right and it looks like CML are not ready for it which shows they have their finger on the pulse and want to give the same service to existing customers. I am sure they will expand when it is right for them in the future.
Just my thoughts on a excellent company IMO

And I was actually going to consider ordering from them on my next round, oh well! I wish them the best, will keep an eye out for when I can order from them.

I've used them in the past but turns out I didn't have an "account" but created one without issue this morning.

Fully respect their decision, but for the sake of discussion I don't get the logic,. If your expected your existing customer base to continue to order your going to be as busy as you currently are and by not allowing orders from 'new' customers you are simply restricting growth .
The standard economic business model is that all businesses maximise profits.

There is an alternative we discovered where your business is enough to support your lifestyle choices.

Been trying to get that balance right for 16 years. We only open for 6 months (tourist season) Wed-Sat one sitting. Usually fully booked, no interest in expanding.
It might interfere with kitesurfing,,,,,, :groupdancing:

Latest posts

Back