Customising Beer Glasses

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Need some help here.

I'd like to customise some beer glasses for club use - nothing too complex, just a branded dated pint glass for the monthly beer swap winner, and a wooden spoon glass to take the **** out of the poor sod who came last!

A bit of light internet research suggests that there are three ways to customise/brand beer glasses at home:

1. Water transfer decals - print, transfer and bake the glasses

2. Acid Etching - stick a vinyl stencil to your glass and paint on etching paste

3. Printed clear stickers

I want a quality durable finish, and I don't want to spend lots of money on equipment that I will rarely use.

As far as I can see, acid etching needs a new stencil each time, and a stencil cutter machine (Cricut?).

I'm not clear that a clear, printed Avery sticker will give me the durable quality finish that I want..

So, I think I'm left with water transfer decals. They are cheap, if done well they are reportedly durable.

Any experiences here? Advice?

Thanks

Martin

I think if the glass gets out in a dishwasher by mistake the decals will come off...
How about getting them done by someone else?
Companies like Moonpig do custom stuff...you can put your own photos etc on them...don't know if they do beer glasses though...I shall have a look...
Funky pigeon do engraved pint glasses for about £9...any message.

You could try sign making or engraving companies in your area.

My wife's friend’s husband has a sign making and engraving business and he has done personalised glassware before. A bit far away for you though.

Thanks fellas, that's useful stuff.

As you say, if the decals are not dishwasher safe, then that route is of limited value.

I wonder whether I could etch with a dremel?

I'll do some more research..

Keep them coming!

You could try sign making or engraving companies in your area.

My wife's friend’s husband has a sign making and engraving business and he has done personalised glassware before. A bit far away for you though.
If there was a set design for each category... winner/last...perhaps a box of each could be engraved and posted...

Thanks folks - if possible I'd like to come up with something I can do at home on a budget, so that I can respond quickly to get the latest insult onto the glassware.

More thinking needed! I think I'm going to get my dremel out and have a go on an old bottle..

ANyone ever done that?

Cheers

Martin

I'd like to customise some beer glasses for club use - nothing too complex, just a branded dated pint glass for the monthly beer swap winner, and a wooden spoon glass to take the p**s out of the poor sod who came last!

Ideal for the home user who has household items that they wish to label, and gifts that they wish to engrave. This engraver is easy to use with adjustable stroke depth. This Electric Engraver is suited to engraving metal, wood, glass, plastic and ceramics. It features an adjustable depth of stroke to help you achieve visible markings depending on the application.

The one below is here - https://tinyurl.com/y6jua87o

1601397390102.png

Back