delete account

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see a member who post so often and played a part in helping others leave the forum.

It sometimes takes something like this to make us all think a little more before we post.

Everyone is welcome to an opinion we just need to realise that not everyone has to, or will, share it with us.

People make beer for their own ends. When I started up again it was mainly cost, but also because I like to cook etc, and making beer seemed like a fun thing to do, and you know what...it is!! I had designs on going AG/BIAB/Extract or some such, BUT the kits I'm making and the results I'm getting are better than I get in most pubs, and there is a wide enough variety to keep me happy for a long time. Now I've got the kits down it can sometimes seem like opening a tin of beans, but then again with the results I'm getting I really like the simplicity and I'm going to stick with kits, especially the Festival ones. If I do choose to do any other brewing, even wine etc I know I'm in a good place to ask, thats why I'm here, and I have learned a lot since joining up and I reckon I'm getting such good results due to the input here, you might get snobs, you do everywhere, I'm a bit of a food/music snob myself.

Having said that I enjoyed Micks input, especially regarding Fals shed, and his picture posts, he joined at the same time as me and posted probably 3x as many posts. At least we know somewhere out the in Brizzle is a passionate homebrewer, who's got bloody gallons of brew!

I joined the forum for advice on how to do the kits properly as the instructions on the tins don't always make perfect sense, I didn't join cos I had aspirations of making the best beer I could, sure it's a bonus if its a well turned out kit that tastes braw, and I make every effort to do it properly, I'm happy with kits and the odd dabble into partials and kits with slight tweaks but I like my kits and maybe one day ill move on to ag, but I'll never leave kits all together cos really they're the muts nuts, beer in a can, add sugar and water and a little of your time and youve got lots of lovley beer, what's not to like.

Absolutely pointless thread, a big fuss over de - activating. This forum is actually the best for brewing, I brew kits with my own twists I also bought loads of gear for Ag. A 11 gal boiler, a cask, tapping equipment etc. Yet I sneer at no one, homebrew has made me a better barman.

Take your experiences and go. Internet trolls be trolling, real life they be nerds

gl0ckage said:
Absolutely pointless thread, a big fuss over de - activating. This forum is actually the best for brewing

I wasn't going to comment but well said.... :clap: :clap:

BB

Now a suggestion; in the "Bar" at weekends, when people come on and say "Hello", it would be or should be appropriate forum manners to at least acknowledge their existance. I saw two people last weekend ignored after they indicated their presence and log out. The same thing happened the weekend i first joined.
I agree and I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't been in chat for many months :oops: (note to self...make an effort) but I must say when I was folks always introduced themselves and everyone used to say hello. There would always be one or 2 who'd been conversing for a while who'd carry on with their conversation, but I expected that and tried to join in where appropriate. One of the reasons I don't go in as much is that having admin under your name seems to put some folks of, I'd have a look at the convo's before and after saying hello and there was sometimes a big drop...perhaps I need an alter ago :lol: :roll: One thing I don't think goes down well is posting something like 'msn' between users in chat, it makes others feel excluded, that can be done by pm to avoid any ill feeling (if any)
Absolutely pointless thread, a big fuss over de - activating.
I'm not so sure, it would appear there are some genuine comments coming through which we can all act on positively...if left to fester they can get out of hand.
there is good beer and not so good beer but its all yummy lol.
really...going to have to disagree here :hmm:
I HATE (with a passion caps lock can't get over) :lol: Manns Brown Ale even **** in gravy :sick: ,
I dislike:-
most milds...have to drink too much on a good session...never out of the bogs
most sub 5% beers of any kind as above
Scottish heavys in bottles:...just too err heavy :lol: ...actually it's the caramalisation that's a bit too harsh for me.
all heavily smoked Rauch beers...would rather chew coal
most commercial lagers...what is Carling all about..why would you :wha:
Special Brew, Tennants Extra and all strong heavily bodied beers that have the same malt profile...too much for me...might as well chew the grain

I'm sure I've forgotten some, that doesn't make me a snob, I just know what I like and there's a good explanation for it in 'For the love of hops'...I'll try and find it :hmm:

I haven't been in the snug for weeks (months?) it seems...

It's a shame, I enjoy the banter in there on a weekend with a beer and the telly on in the background. Just been hellish busy recently really.

Actually, that reminds me, I haven't brewed in months either!!! I really am taking on the *FULL* THBF Mod Mantle now... :oops:

MSN messenger e...we knew you liked coals so it would have been rude not too :lol: :tongue:
For the Love of Hops, we each have a around 1000 olfactory receptors of which around 350 are active and those may be different receptors from person to person, and definitely from male to female, so to you what smells nice may not be to someone else. I also discovered on a recent visit to a dentist that after nearly 40 years living with it that I have a geographic tongue. This means from one week to the next I may taste things differently due to the temporary loss of taste receptors in certain areas, but one things for sure....Manns is rank :sick:

Manns used to be my one bottle, when I was the designated driver. One thing about forums is that you'll never please everyone, there are many views on balance, banner, many "instant" experts, some people are naturally blunt, some people are very sensitive the best one can hope for is to keep most people happy. Cliques happen as they do in the real world but this forum is not badly affected by them, relatively speaking. Top be honest while I enjoyed Mick's contributions the whole making a point of leaving thing always seems pointless. Just stop using the place if you don't like it.

The last forum i was on was strange, every time I asked a question, the response from the staff and their clique was "Google It". What's the point of the forum then. :wha:

I need to stay with the kits as of present, as i am still learning the basics of brewing.

The last forum i was on was strange, every time I asked a question, the response from the staff and their clique was "Google It". What's the point of the forum then.
At a guess I'd say that's probably members who've been on the forum for years and years who get fed up answering the same old questions time and time again. I can see that point but always remind myself that when I started this hobby the problem wasn't where the answers were, it was knowing what to look for/ask. Simply googling the answer usually means having to sift through endless bumpf which normally confuses the hell out of you and in many cases puts you of the subject altogether, so it's often easier to ask, quite rightly so IMO and one of the main the point of the forum, as you say :cool:

In full agreement there Vossy. There's a simple way to deal with those queries (bearing in mind we were all newbies once), either answer them politely (I always try to, but then I like the sound of my own voice, so it's no hardship ;) ) or just ignore them and let someone else answer. Certainly no point in getting het up about it.

Agree that the loss of Mick is unfortunate. Esp as he's a fellow Brizzleboy.

Robbo said:
The last forum i was on was strange, every time I asked a question, the response from the staff and their clique was "Google It". What's the point of the forum then. :wha:

Exactly! And here two of this forum's strong points come to the fore, that on the whole members do respond and chat and inform and start discussion (on topic or wildly off...) engages people and secondly the fact that we actually write things like the how to guides to which we can point those n00bs for further reading. All lovely and inclusive...

Robbo said:
I need to stay with the kits as of present, as i am still learning the basics of brewing.

Good stuff! Learning to walk (albeit with a bit of a homebrew induced stagger) before you run saves maybe a couple of embarassing cock ups... :thumb:

I've always found people really helpful on this forum, and hope over my time I have helped a few people.. .

I'll not deny that I have been opinionated about some beers in my time - but it is just my opinion and I am more than used to people ignoring it / disagreeing with it. As people have said I think a lot of the problem stems from you can't get the tone into the writing, and sometimes a little smiley face does not convey that you may just be pulling someones leg.

Does seem an odd thread to get so many replies, but as Vossy said if it makes us all think a bit and maybe try and be better with our answers ( I am certainly guilty of using four words when maybe I could have explained what I meant as well ) then at least some good will come of it.

I have always found members helpful but may have missed the ones that are not as i only make wine so don't read the beer and cider threads.

Just my two-penneth.

When i read the OP i pictured mick may like the old film star putting her hand to her forehead and saying "i'm leaving" do you really need to delete an account if you don't like a person here or a way someone spoke? if it happened to me and i didn't want to get the mods involved i would simply stop visiting, i don't see what deleting an account achieves.

ill happily admit to being a beer snob, i just dont see the sense in buying **** poor beer when most on here make much better!

sad to see you go mick happy riding and brewing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back