Design-a-brew Porter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfrosty

Reaction score
Well I got a design-a-brew porter on the go last night, 2 tins of No5 dark hopped malt, teabag grains No's 1,3 & 5 torrified wheat, clara malt and chocolate malt and 1 teabag of Fuggles hop pellets. Lightly simmered all the teabags for 20mins and added the liquor and tins of malt in to the fv. Finished topping up and got a Reading of 1.044. Added the special DAB yeast and this morning it had a lovely thick head on it.

AG is just round the Corner now but had too many empty bottles that needed filling ;o)

Rob

Had to have a sample of the port last night as you do and it was fantastic, great taste with subtle chocolate undertones. Very very impressed and highly recommended to kit brewers. Very close to getting the brewery for AG but as I was running out of ale I picked up another design-a-brew today, something different for a light summer ale. I'll go into details what I bought later.

Rob

I got 1 x base 1 wheat, 1x base 3 medium (ale/bitter), 3 x grain tea bags, crushed Amber, crushed crystal and crushed cara malt, and finally 2 x hop teabags, halleratau and fuggles. Should hopefully produce an interesting light summer ale. Very different to what I normally make as I usually make dark ales, porters and stouts.

Has anyone else used the design-a-brew range? They seem to be flying out of the hb shop.

Rob

I have done one as a review. I was more than impressed and it has fooled alot of people. I do AG and it could pass as an Ag brew let alone a good kit brew :thumb:

If I was struggling for time I would definatley go and brew one of these.

Latest posts

Back