DIY Fermentation Cabinet

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaft

Reaction score
I've been using a 30l Klarstein Fermentation kettle, along with their immersion cooler lid, which includes a temperature probe slot to monitor fermentation temps.

I use an electronic thermostat which monitors temp ranges and switches on one of two plug sockets if the temp goes above or below the temp ranges set. Given I ferment in the garage, this is very handy during the winter as it means I could either hook a small radiator up to switch on if it got too cold. I also have an electric valve which can start cold water running through the lids immersion cooler if it gets too warm. This is less likely as I live in Scotland! 😄 Technically I can use that method with hot water to warm it up also.

Anyway it was a neat, if energy inefficient, system so I'd been meaning to make an insulated cabinet for the fermentation kettle which had a door and pull out rails and also a lid which could be lifted out to check for air lock bubbles / connect temp probes and hosing for the cooler. Since I had the time in lockdown I gave it a go. See what you think below:

IMG-20200504-WA0001.jpeg

20200517_091739.jpg

Last edited:
Back