DME displacement

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tbh I am confused. Is the over half of that still in your head? 😁
Fairy Nuff... I shouldnt submit posts in a hurry mid boil.. lol

Brewfather doesnt take DME volume into account when working out boil volume etc..

Its a kinda accademic question , as this is my stock Gargling DME pilsner and I brew it short and back liquor up to 18L which I know gives me 4.1%.
But I just know im gonna wake up at 4 AM and the question will stop me getting back to sleep. Id still like to know the answer., without adding 1Kg of DME to X number of L and measuring the result. so I though Id ask the Gurus

I shall start again.

Take 10L of water add 1kg of DME how many L will the combined water and DME result in..

Fairy Nuff... I shouldnt submit posts in a hurry mid boil.. lol

Brewfather doesnt take DME volume into account when working out boil volume etc..

Its a kinda accademic question , as this is my stock Gargling DME pilsner and I brew it short and back liquor up to 18L which I know gives me 4.1%.
But I just know im gonna wake up at 4 AM and the question will stop me getting back to sleep. Id still like to know the answer., without adding 1Kg of DME to X number of L and measuring the result. so I though Id ask the Gurus

I shall start again.

Take 10L of water add 1kg of DME how many L will the combined water and DME result in..
one sec.... i brew at around 21 litres and usually use 3kg of dme I normally subtract 2 liters so 19 litres of water when adding the dme takes it up to around 21 bear in mind I usually add a bottle of GS 710ml - so very roughly 1.5kg of DME adds 1 litre to 10 litres of water

one sec.... i brew at around 21 litres and usually use 3kg of dme I normally subtract 2 liters so 19 litres of water when adding the dme takes it up to around 21 bear in mind I usually add a bottle of GS 710ml - so very roughly 1.5kg of DME adds 1 litre to 10 litres of water
Thanks ll work with that ratio and see hwo close I get next brew . 1 Kg DME = 666ml volume added to the water

Back