Honest opinions G40 vs BZ G4 65L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to do 25l into the fermenter which the G40 manages with ease. The only limitation I've found so far was trying to do a small batch of London Brown, the 3kg minimum grain size meant, for a 3% beer, I'd have to brew 25 litres. Could have probably tried with less than 3kg but unsure how that might turn out.
As suggested go full volume and add 20% more grain proportionately to your grain bill.

Well Brewzilla G4 35L has been ordered. There are some things needed that do not come with it and believe it or not it is cheaper and much more convienent to order these things from China than buy them from the UK! Since Brexit buying things from the UK has become a nightmare and just not worth the hassle. I used to get lots of things from the UK before Brexit but VAT issues just make it not worth supporting UK companies now sadly.

Well Brewzilla G4 35L has been ordered. There are some things needed that do not come with it and believe it or not it is cheaper and much more convienent to order these things from China than buy them from the UK! Since Brexit buying things from the UK has become a nightmare and just not worth the hassle. I used to get lots of things from the UK before Brexit but VAT issues just make it not worth supporting UK companies now sadly.
Are there not EU distributors for KegLand gear?

Are there not EU distributors for KegLand gear?
You may well be correct I have not looked yet. Alexpress have a Kegland store and to be honest the prices are pretty good compared to what I have seen from UK suppliers even if you take postage into account. The thing about Aliexpress is they take VAT into account so there are not issues and if you keep the cost down below €150 France do not impose import tax so the price you see is final. With VAT from the UK even if there is only one cent to pay the post office collect that but impose a standing charge of €12 to collect it !!! o_O It is designed to stop people like myself who used to buy from the UK pre Brexit. I will have to make some searches to see if there is an EU distributor, you would think there should be.

You may well be correct I have not looked yet. Alexpress have a Kegland store and to be honest the prices are pretty good compared to what I have seen from UK suppliers even if you take postage into account. The thing about Aliexpress is they take VAT into account so there are not issues and if you keep the cost down below €150 France do not impose import tax so the price you see is final. With VAT from the UK even if there is only one cent to pay the post office collect that but impose a standing charge of €12 to collect it !!! o_O It is designed to stop people like myself who used to buy from the UK pre Brexit. I will have to make some searches to see if there is an EU distributor, you would think there should be.
Just over the border Brouwland in Belgium.
https://brouwland.com/en/electric-brew-kettles/20307-brewzilla-35l-gen-4.html.I got my 65 litre Hop Cat direct from China $300 AU about 150 GBP. I also got my first Guten from Alibaba, which cost me $550 AU ordered on a Friday, and took delivery on a Monday. How was that for service?
They are very good to deal with too. I used to have nightmares before brew day and those first ones used to go straight through each step. My nightmares were going straight from mash out to boiling with the grain basket still in the kettle. Wrote to them and they changed the format to having to wait for each step to be confirmed by the user and sent me a new board.

The AliExpress kegland store is very good for small parts that you are not in a rush for. I am currently waiting for some new keg seals, scales and the new kegland refractometer to be delivered, they were dispatched withing a couple of days so shouldn't be too long even with Christmas 👍

Yes I went on there yesterday. I need quick fit connetors for the chiller a HED and a BT thermometer. I could get them all from the UK but it is actually cheaper and less hassle to get them from China! One thing I notice right away with the Brewzilla why send out something to the EU which has 12.7mm tubing? Nobody uses that size here at all 6,8,10,12,14 mm etc 12.7mm is old half inch ? If you are going to use that size of tube send the connectors with the kit would be my advice.

Yes I went on there yesterday. I need quick fit connetors for the chiller a HED and a BT thermometer. I could get them all from the UK but it is actually cheaper and less hassle to get them from China! One thing I notice right away with the Brewzilla why send out something to the EU which has 12.7mm tubing? Nobody uses that size here at all 6,8,10,12,14 mm etc 12.7mm is old half inch ? If you are going to use that size of tube send the connectors with the kit would be my advice.
My chiller came with connectors to connect to a standard hosepipe, or maybe they were included because I bought a kit that contained extras 🤔

The ones I got were like this

https://brewkegtap.co.uk/products/c...1R8hQifo9Xavy61bFax-mr1UpxOBRh-QaAkyYEALw_wcB

My chiller came with connectors to connect to a standard hosepipe, or maybe they were included because I bought a kit that contained extras 🤔

The ones I got were like this

https://brewkegtap.co.uk/products/c...1R8hQifo9Xavy61bFax-mr1UpxOBRh-QaAkyYEALw_wcB

Well Brewzilla ordered yesterday and delivered today... well done Rolling beers!
I just unpacked and first impressions are that it looks pretty good quality and comes well protected. The grain basket is maybe a bit thin sheet metal but the main kettle is not bad. I am used to the S40 which is double walled so it is much more robust as is the grain basket. The hop filter in the bottom is a very tight fit had nearly bent in half getting it out. The conical bottom is only just conical if there is 10 mm of cone there I will be surprised but I suppose that is all it needs to get the wort to the center . My gripe is there is no connectors for the chiller and the pipe size they use is ******* here so have to order from China. I have a copper chiller that may fit though and if it does the double chilling may be possible which is a bonus. I need to download the instuctions now but it will be ages before I can use it so plenty of time to do lots of research on how to get the best from it.

One other thing; Kegland say this is suitable for 30L brews... not way would I ever attempt a 30L brew in that vessel. It is maxed out at 35L boil off must be near 3.5L/hr so the preboil wort would be just below the rim even for a 1Hr boil I normally do a 90 min boil. I really think a sensible max batch volume would be 27L to be honest and even that is cutting it fine

Latest posts

Back