Do NOT buy this!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up on a dreadful "beer" I tried last night.
Beetlejuice by Boss Brewing 7%.
Tasted like liquid boiled sweets, sick and turps. One mouthful and I had to spit it out. Mrs Clint called it tramp juice. It went down the sink. Absolutely effin dire!

They do some nice labels and obviously think highly of the Beetlejuice:

'A juicy, tropical sweetie jar wonder! Packed full of the juiciest hops we could find. The super fruity and super ripe flavours are elevated to juicy extremes with real fruit and purées. Mouth watering passion fruit, mango and pineapple flavours explode in your mouth like popping candy, so moreish, so drinkable, so juicy!

Their beers are so awful.
I did have a nice stout once when they, for a short time had a tap room in Swansea centre, apart from that they are terrible.

They raided Tesco's for the fruit juice to make it. It was mango I recall being told. So I bought a can as I thought that sounded great. Didn't taste any fruitiness at all. It was meh, maybe they changed the recipe. Beerriff and pilot brewery are the only Swansea breweries I rate.

Weirdly I have just grabbed a can from the fridge that my wife got from Lidl the other day. Didn't look at it when I put it in the fridge but low and behold it is a Boss Brewing Amber Gambler.
It has a very odd taste and is cloudy (I might give it the benefit of the doubt and say it could be chill haze). Don't think I will be buying any more.
All of the effort seems to have gone into the can design and beer description rather than the beer itself.

Just a heads up on a dreadful "beer" I tried last night.
Beetlejuice by Boss Brewing 7%.
Tasted like liquid boiled sweets, sick and turps. One mouthful and I had to spit it out. Mrs Clint called it tramp juice. It went down the sink. Absolutely effin dire!
Did I read this right?Did your missus call you a tramp @Clint :coat:

All of the effort seems to have gone into the can design and beer description rather than the beer itself.
Sounds very much like the overwhelming majority of French craft beer. All label and marketing, pisse de chat in the bottle. I'm very disappointed with French beers by and large.

Latest posts

Back