Do you remember.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
302 on ceefax. Wasn’t it 390 for local sport?

302 obviously...but had forgotten it was local sport at 390 until you mentioned it.

To paraphrase Eric and Ernie, I DO know all the right numbers, just not necessarily in the right order!

Except 317. I supported a second tier footie team...

..and still do . :(

More Ale !:D

Going round the building sites in the evening collecting the empty corona pop bottles to return to the shop.

Attachments

• D4C8CA23-7A28-4898-9D81-3E352BFF683B.jpeg
    D4C8CA23-7A28-4898-9D81-3E352BFF683B.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 49
Yes but worth another mention, the days before we all had internet access at home.

This video is brilliant and as one comment says strange how you don't miss something until its gone.

Remember scrolling through hundreds of pages on ceefax to book a holiday. If you didn’t write the number down you had to go through it all again.

Going round the building sites in the evening collecting the empty corona pop bottles to return to the shop.
I wondered when someone would mention Corona.
I used to sell it off a Corona delivery lorry as a teenager late '60 - '70s.
Made my Christmas money up to buy the family's presents.
Nowadays you have to give Corona away for free, and surreptitiously at that.
In my youth all it did was rot your teeth, now apparently if you're in your 60's - 70's you have to be vaccinated against Corona or it could kill you, or me!

Remember corona pop but can anyone remember the alpine pop man coming round, bloody hell that makes me feel old.🦖
Ok, we’ll see who’s old. I’ll see your alpine pop man, and raise you Five Boys chocolate!

Ok, we’ll see who’s old. I’ll see your alpine pop man, and raise you Five Boys chocolate!
Had to look Fry's Five Boys chocolate bar up!
Apparently made 1902 - 1976 in their Bristol factory. Don't remember it at all.
And I was in Bristol '74 -' 77.
The only excuse I have is that I was a student there and the saying goes, "If you can remember then, you weren't really there" ( I know that refers to the '60s, but the same thing applies).

Had to look Fry's Five Boys chocolate bar up!
Apparently made 1902 - 1976 in their Bristol factory. Don't remember it at all.
And I was in Bristol '74 -' 77.
The only excuse I have is that I was a student there and the saying goes, "If you can remember then, you weren't really there" ( I know that refers to the '60s, but the same thing applies).
Fry's was in Keynsham I think.

Starting handles -- second car we had, 1958 Morris Minor 803cc split screen. No heater, flip-out indicators.
Drove it to Europe to visit my grandma on her 80th, with a one yearold babby in a carry-cot on the back seat.
Took a few goes to get it running as we were coming off the Harwich-to-Hook of Holland car ferry ... that was nerve wracking!
A bit more scruffy than this one ...
View attachment 44198
(oops Itell a lie, it was 1953, same age as me :-) )

Latest posts

Back