Dry Hopping a Lager ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheshirehomebrew

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all, I tend to make IPA as my beer of choice, or a nice old fashioned english bitter, however I might turn my hand to a lager (czech style pilsner) ready for summer.

I will be using BIAB all grain recipe with saaz hops, and wondered if it will be possible (or even worthwhile) to dry hop once its in the secondary.

Thoughts or experiences ??

Hi all, I tend to make IPA as my beer of choice, or a nice old fashioned english bitter, however I might turn my hand to a lager (czech style pilsner) ready for summer.

I will be using BIAB all grain recipe with saaz hops, and wondered if it will be possible (or even worthwhile) to dry hop once its in the secondary.

Thoughts or experiences ??

Drinking my saaz brew now with a base bitter of galaxy hops (powerful so not too much), marvelous to say the least, I didn't bother dry hopping with the saaz, if you bung enough in you wont need too !

I think it's a good idea to dry hop. I haven't done this with a lager myself (not fermented a lager; seems like too much work!) But there are commercial lagers that dry hop - there's one brewed by Adnams for example, that's a really great pint. So go for it I say - and Saaz or another German aromatic hop would be perfect

I dry hop my beers as I like to pungent aroomatics that go along with a crisp cool bitter so might do same with the lager

yes saaz or hellertau can be used

Latest posts

Back