Dry hopping with pellets into king keg?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbowden

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a bit of a plain tasting London pride clone in a king keg. I've recently tasted a fantastic new ale from Adnams called mosaic after the mosaic hop. So, I got some mosaic hop pellets today and, as I'm impatient, I thought I could jazz up my London pride clone to go all citrus like! What's the deal with adding pellets at this stage? I've always used leaf hops before so not too sure if the pellets will muddy up my brew?

Muslin bag . Or you will end up with hops in your pint . Sounds nice London pride good luck

timbowden said:
How long will it take for the beer to take on the flavour of the mosaic hops?

T

if your dry hopping MAKE SURE PRIMARY FERMENTATION HAS FINISHED
its best to rack to secondary fermenter throw in whatever hops pellets your using for a 20 litre brew 50 gram + is good leave for 4 to 7 days and re rack to your [bottling bucket and bottle or keg]
if you use a hop sack [ hop sacks can be a source of infection] i have never used one myself but you must make sure your hop sack is totally sterile
never had hop particles in my pint as Tipsy Tony quoted??
:thumb: :drink:

The beer is already in a king keg and has been for 6 weeks or so, I just wanted to try to give it some hoppy zing!

Easy enough to give a boil to a muslin bag and chuck the hops in it. You always have to let your keg settle for a day before pouring if you don't use a bag (that said, I find that pellets settle better than whole hops).

Do you have a cafetiere? Try a hop tea. Bung 15-20g into the cafetiere, fill with boiling water, wait 5 mins, plunge it and add the liquid to the brew.

Instant hop character! Not quite the same end result as dry-hopping, but will certainly liven up a dull brew.

Latest posts

Back