Easy Keg 5L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spend £65 with leyland and its free postage, if you can afford it throw in some other bits you might need or some kits or ingredients and have them sent free

Here's the modification I made to a 16g capsule so that it holds an 8g capsule ...

... but I have given up using either because it's easier (and way cheaper) to use the Flexi-Tap with the modified bike pump (shown in the bottom photo)! :thumb: :thumb:

16g to 8g 1.jpg

16g to 8g 2.jpg

Pump Assembled.jpg

So I'm chatting to the bloke next door about the christmas beer stock.like you do.
The subject got onto Ales. Turns out he loved Speckled Hen.
I then tell him about the reuseable ability of the mini kegs.
Guess what?
He tells me he has just thrown FIVE of the buggers out with the rubbish that was taken this morning.

I was so upset it put me off my dinner. I'm still sulking now.

Aldo (Depressed)

Hi all,

I am really sorry as i guess this has been asked before but where can i get bungs for an easy keg?

I can see they have them online at leylandhomebrew for 50p with £6.50 delivery fee but i need it fast, preferably by Monday, as i have no bung or bottles and my beer may go off (or so im told)

This is my first ever brew and ive not been as organised as i should have been. I thought it would be easier but can find no shops open in London over xmas and no physical shop advertising they sell the bungs.

Welcome to the Forum. :thumb:

There's no reason whatsoever why a brew should "go off" if it is sat in a sanitised FV with an airlock!

Most people new to brewing bottle or keg their brews much too early and personally I don't even look at mine to do anything until it has been fermenting at least two weeks.

So, if it is inside an air-locked FV, I suggest that you relax and leave the yeast to finish polishing up the brew whilst the shops open. :thumb:

If it isn't then it is probably screwed anyway! :whistle:

Cheers Dutto

My porter brew will have been brewing for two weeks on saturday

I have ordered the bungs as well as bottles and liquid sanitiser from brew uk who said i should get it for friday

Im planning on bottling sunday unless my new years hangover delays things

Fingers crossed

Hmmmm
http://www.europeanmalt.com/mini-kegs/

Wonder if a group buy is possible?
Huber online shop show them starting at 2.70 Euro but you need to buy a pallet load & I have no idea if the 900 shipped is to UK or not!
So not sure if European Malt are the official distributor.

Has pointed out there is no reason beer will go off. But if you need bottles just ask your local, saves them paying to remove them. Caps are sold in a variety of places, my local health food shop even sells them.

Cheers Dutto

My porter brew will have been brewing for two weeks on saturday

I have ordered the bungs as well as bottles and liquid sanitiser from brew uk who said i should get it for friday

Im planning on bottling sunday unless my new years hangover delays things

Fingers crossed

Todd take a chill pill mate dont even think about bottling , rack your brew into a secondary sanitised bucket seal with air lock and forget for 12 days then rack back into another and leave a couple of days then bottle, it will be clean clear and the yeast will have cleaned all smells and nasties from brewing. Carbonate in warm for two more weeks then outside in shed , garage ect to condition for ten weeks job done , rushing will just give very poor nasty results. 2 weeks ferment , 2 weeks secondary 2 weeks carbonation then 10 weeks conditioning ,:thumb:

Latest posts

Back