Electric mashing and boiling bin

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont use an electrim boiler, but I have been doing BIAB FOR 12 months. If I want 23 l in my bottles I need 33l water in my boiler. I think the electrim would be a bit of a squeeze. I went for a 60l boiler from copperKettle. No chance of boil over and less money!

I dont use an electrim boiler, but I have been doing BIAB FOR 12 months. If I want 23 l in my bottles I need 33l water in my boiler. I think the electrim would be a bit of a squeeze. I went for a 60l boiler from copperKettle. No chance of boil over and less money!

I take it you bought the bucket and converted it yourself? Did you buy it pre-drilled? And did you buy the accessories from there too? Or go down the Asda/SmartPrice kettle element route?

Bet that weighs a bit when full :-)

Do you have a link for the one you bought?

I take it you bought the bucket and converted it yourself? Did you buy it pre-drilled? And did you buy the accessories from there too? Or go down the Asda/SmartPrice kettle element route?

Bet that weighs a bit when full :-)

I bought the 60l bucket, two events, two leads, a tank connector and a ball valve tap, and hop strainer. CopperKettle cut all the holes and made it all up. I think the lot came to just under £100 delivered. I've never made more than a 23l batch so it is only boiling just over half full. But when you get a vigorous boil with a hot break I'm pleased I've got plenty of headroom. Made a bag out of old net curtain. One year down the line I've made 13 batches of great all grain beer.

+1 for recommending the copper kettle online hbs i bent the chaps ear before buying some kit and was fed solid information, i then had a problem and got Very Good customer service and full refund on the dodgy bit.. buy with confidence..

also with a 23l final brewlength, i regularly have excess of 30l preboil volume.. with a rolling boil you want a minimum of 5-6cm clearance above the liquid level to contain the boil and initial foam up. otherwise you risk spilling scalding hot sweet sticky wort..

Back