england

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dps51

Landlord.
Reaction score
will England win at wembley to night
hope so as I got £10 on them

Now, Netherlands Sweden next Tuesday, that's gonna be something. Sweden has performed pretty well against the dutch in the past, but the dutch have to win otherwise they'll miss the World Championships again. That's a lot of broken ego...

Now, Netherlands Sweden next Tuesday, that's gonna be something. Sweden has performed pretty well against the dutch in the past, but the dutch have to win otherwise they'll miss the World Championships again. That's a lot of broken ego...

my money will be on Sweden for that match should be a good game to watch

I don't know if Gareth Southgate is a good manager or not but he certainly comes over as a level headed bloke and i hope he does well, i also hope he has thick skin because the moment he slips up the papers will crucify him.

I don't know if Gareth Southgate is a good manager or not but he certainly comes over as a level headed bloke and i hope he does well, i also hope he has thick skin because the moment he slips up the papers will crucify him.

Personally I’m not convinced. I think he lacks reactive strategy skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a ****e England performance . A win, but lack lustre and no real penetration in terms of skill.

Well these players are paid more a week than most working people see in 2 to 3 years they should be in the semi's or finals of every competition what a load of over paid w******s
Sorry but just saying as it is

Well these players are paid more a week than most working people see in 2 to 3 years they should be in the semi's or finals of every competition what a load of over paid w******s
Sorry but just saying as it is

I'd give 'em five minutes at our works before they were reduced to whining ninnies. Professionals? Pah! Why anyone follows football I will never comprehend

I'd give 'em five minutes at our works before they were reduced to whining ninnies. Professionals? Pah! Why anyone follows football I will never comprehend

Says the man following the football thread.

Which makes me wonder.....is there a football thread, or an appetite for one on here?

And, re: England:

1) Why Joe Hart? Takes poor decisions, flaps, overrated. Prone to hoofery.
2) Zero defensive discipline. Not good enough. Surely a manager who was a decent defender gets this?
3) Gaping lack of creativity in midfield means we're unidimensional and predictable. Lallana was badly missed, which tells us we've got a major problem.
4) Sterling is nothing if not a ****, quick winger with the occasional flash of something special. Not a no.10. No. 10's, if any good, are prone to lifting up their napper once in a while, and seeing what's going on around them.
5) Jordan Henderson is woeful. Can't pass. Can't run. Can't shoot. What's the point?

Positives?

Rashford.

The end.

Let's face it we are **** have been for years and nothing is going to change any time soon, our top (premier league) teams have a majority of foreign players so English players do not develop we even have a rule saying we have to have a number of home grown players in every team if this was not in place there would be few English players playing regularly in the PL, how many English players are playing in top foreign teams.

Says the man following the football thread.

Which makes me wonder.....is there a football thread, or an appetite for one on here?

And, re: England:

1) Why Joe Hart? Takes poor decisions, flaps, overrated. Prone to hoofery.
2) Zero defensive discipline. Not good enough. Surely a manager who was a decent defender gets this?
3) Gaping lack of creativity in midfield means we're unidimensional and predictable. Lallana was badly missed, which tells us we've got a major problem.
4) Sterling is nothing if not a ****, quick winger with the occasional flash of something special. Not a no.10. No. 10's, if any good, are prone to lifting up their napper once in a while, and seeing what's going on around them.
5) Jordan Henderson is woeful. Can't pass. Can't run. Can't shoot. What's the point?

Positives?

Rashford.

The end.

Rashford and a few glimpses of pace and skill was about it !! Which is a sorry position.
Totally agree about Sterling , I’m a Liverpool fan and was glad to see him go !!

I don't know if its just me, but whenever I watch England I always feel like they are over coached?

Take each player and they are better than the Slovakian team. put both 11s in a park on a saturday afternoon and think they would run rings around them. However in an official international, we end up with slow, backwards football, overthinking and general dross.

Watching the under 20's and under 21s, they make mistakes but they are playing like most people do, with a smile on their face and making decisions for themselves.

Latest posts

Back