FAO You Fancy London Types

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hops_and_Dreams

Landlord.
Reaction score
Evening Folks,

The good lady and I are off to London on Sunday for a few days and doing the whole tourist thing. We don't have any plans for the evenings as yet.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend any good pubs in the Covent Garden area please (I'm sure there's loads!)? I've been there before, but not as a reformed ale drinker and can only remember the Punch and Judy, which I think is/was a Wetherspoons? Although she hates beer, she's partial to a Kriek, and I've found a Belgian Cafe with an excellent beer selection and nice food menu nearby called Lowlander, but if I spend too long in there it will result in messy things I fear.

I'm sure I read that someone (GarethHuwWilliams I think?) bought some obscenely hoppy beers in a bar somewhere there a few months back, which sounds good to me.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Plenty in the area.
lamb and Flag in Rose Street, had associations with Dickens.
The Harp Chandos Place, Fullers, plenty of real ales

Cheers for the replies guys. Someone at work mentioned the Porterhouse, I think it's worth a look and the beer sounds good too.

If you're venturing into Soho, Brewdog Poland Street. If not, the Radio Bar in the Guoman Me hotel on Aldwych has a heated outside terrace with some decent views. The Lamb and Flag is more traditional but smaller just off Garrick Street.

I would recommend the Porterhouse too. I've not been to the London one but have been to the Dublin and New York ones. Good beer and good pubs.

Craft Beer Co in Covent Garden-thank me later

^ what joey said. It's literally a stones throw from where I work. Hundreds of beers (literally perhaps). Be warned though, you will pay well upward of £5 a pint for some of them.

The regularly have all the kernel brewery which are great. Their iPas are among the nicest I've had.

Other than that there are millions of boozers selling standard fare. but the craft beer co is well worth a splash out on.

porterhouse mentioned above is a very good shout and perhaps less pricey. They have loads of good beer on. Their hop head is great.

And if you fancy some dirty food then the Diner (very close to craft beer co) is great. American style hot dogs and burgers but done well. I recommend the Yankee pig dog

Cheers guys, did notice the craft beer Co on Google maps, will check that one out too.

Often go to Shepherds Bush for the footy, so £5 a pint is no great surprise. Although £3.50 a half at Lowlander (even for the weak stuff) seems a bit strong.

Makes you appreciate our hobby even more I guess.

Always worth a trip out to Meantimes in Greenwich on a good day (not near Covent Garden I know). Food is usually great in the porterhouse too btw.

Latest posts

Back