Fathers Day

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajhutch

Landlord.
Reaction score
I generally think these holidays are a bit silly and made up. But after getting a lie in this morning and then being presented with a cooked breakfast and two personalised beer glasses when I got downstairs, I’ll take it!

:cheers7:

My kid is still pushing out the Zs and will still be this afternoon. Before he wakes up, his mam and me are off away for night of 'adult' fun so I won't see him until tomorrow... which also happens to be my birthday. See what transpires then.

I’m a few years away from the hibernating teenagers stage, still at the ‘handprints on paper cards but mum in charge of presents’ stage!

Sounds like you lot are on a winner.

I was up at 2:10 for 1 1/2 hours for his night feed/mess about then he woke up properly at 6:30.

He did get me a case of beer though which was nice. I'm surprised he managed to be honest, he is big for his age but there's no way he looks 18.

I got a new polo shirt and some socks so I’m happy.

My daughter also made me a “tie” (piece of card on a string) at nursery. Apparently the “ladies” said I have to wear it all day and I’ve been in trouble 3 times already for taking it off! It’s fine when I’m in the house but we are going out for lunch and shopping later!

Well I was wrong... the lout woke up 15mins ago and presented me with a great leather belt and wallet ( no money in it ?!). Be getting summat else tomorrow lol.

I’m a few years away from the hibernating teenagers stage

I have one of those and i will be putting an end to todays sleep in shortly as he is going to my parents house (with me) whether he likes it or not.

I got a number of beer related items for my newly built man cave. Top pick is a pair of aprons designed by my daugher with chief brewer and chief stirrer on them, a custom graphic and my 'brewery name' across the top.

Made my day.

I asked for nothing but was surprised to receive a few gifts.

I said I would buy some grain and the new beersmith which I will still do.

Was given a new sprinkler system for my lawn, which is much needed, ones of those beer cap openers that you screw to the wall, and some chilli and lime crisps which says is a perfect match with beer

Isn't fathers day just a manufactured thing to help sell greetings cards?

Mother's day on the other hand is a church thing, something to do with celebrating Mary by doing something for your own mother.

Don't really care as I've never had anything to do with either, nor do I expect to get anything either.

I have no interest in mothers, fathers, valentine and birthdays i haven't given or received a present on any of them for years and as you say they have been manufactured to help sell greetings cards even if mothers day is a church thing how many of us knew that before today.

Mother's day on the other hand is a church thing, something to do with celebrating Mary by doing something for your own mother.

Don't really care as I've never had anything to do with either, nor do I expect to get anything either.
That rings a bell yes. In the UK Mothers Day is three sundays before Easter but it seems to be celebrated at a different time elsewhere in the world.

I got a new polo shirt and some socks so I’m happy.

My daughter also made me a “tie” (piece of card on a string) at nursery. Apparently the “ladies” said I have to wear it all day and I’ve been in trouble 3 times already for taking it off! It’s fine when I’m in the house but we are going out for lunch and shopping later!

Wear it: it's a sign of manliness.

My loot:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 15.30.36.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 15.30.36.png
    206.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 20180617_153337_HDR.jpg
    20180617_153337_HDR.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 44
Got a trip to brewdog for a tasting session, and a lovely little hamper of speciality snacks with a couple of craft ciders in as well :-)

I got some homemade cards (one of which had a drawing of monkeys on it, hanging from a tree, with the words "I love hanging out with you" scrawled at the bottom). And a bottle of gin.

The card wins, everytime.

Back