Fermentation Temperature Stabilisation System (FTSS)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honk

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just seen that there is a version 2 of this available now that incorporates both heating and cooling FTSS2 for SS brew master fermenters

I looked into this before but at that time you could either pump chilled water or warm water around the system whereas the version 2 switches on the pump for chilling and a heater pad for warming the fermenter.

It's always irked me that my lovely looking stainless steel brew bucket is hidden away inside a fridge plus now I get to use the fridge as a kegerator.

Not cheap but a better option for me than getting another fridge to use as a fermention chamber, especially as I was struggling to find one a suitable size. Anyone else using this system?

Mine should arrive from Maltmiller in a couple of days, can put up some photos then if anyone's interested?

Looks great to me but expensive, unless I am missing something you still need to buy a line chiller that will cost £100 ish if you can find a used one close enough to collect or £200+ for a reconditioned one delivered. I had a 200L fermenter that worked in a similar way but had all the cooling coils built in to the side and covered by more stainless so I never saw exactly how it worked.

I intend to start using it with a coolbox containing iced water, later I may rig up up something so that the water source is kept cool within my kegorator.
I'm just brewing 23 litre batches.

I intend to start using it with a coolbox containing iced water, later I may rig up up something so that the water source is kept cool within my kegorator.
I'm just brewing 23 litre batches.
I use a coolbox filled with water and frozen 2l fizzy pop bottles. Works very well, just need to change the bottles daily.

@Norfolk79 do you know roughly what size coolbox your using?, my wife didn't sound keen on holes being drilled in the existing one so I may need to source a new one.

Well OTT , a coil , a STC1000, a heat pad, so far I'm seeing g £75 if I'm generous and you still need a pump and a source of cold water/glycol.

What they don't mention is that you will still have temperature graidents.

Aa.mcle

Smaller footprint for one thing, more portable, and more effective to get temperature down last few degrees to pitching temperature. Also it looks a lot better

I've been using a fridge and I find it pretty smelly when used at fermentation temperatures, this will fit in better than another fridge and the fridge I currently have will be repurposed as a kegorator.

On the negative side is cost, more work involved in replacing ice and will struggle to get to colder temperatures for cold crashing. But as a second fridge has been ruled out this is best way for me to have fermentation control and controlled temperature for my kegs.

I trying to get a second cheap fridge so far without succesx. Something I can lager in and not have my brewing come to a standstill for a couple of months.

Aamcle

Back