Festbier

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abeamer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered all the ingredients for 6 beers...luckily delivered when the SWMBO was outwink... magic timing!

Minor faux pas....forgot the yeast for the Festbier. Seen a few (well most of the vids) on a popular steaming site and there seems to be a lot of options of yeast to use....obvs not Lutra!

any good suggestions?

Imperial L17 (Augustiner strain) is my absolute favourite. WHC sells it as Helles Fire Club.

If you're considering dry, I used Mangrove Jack's M76 Bavarian lager for a festbier. Couple of packs from memory, ABV around 5.8%.
Worked well...

Lol i do same try plan delivery around wifes work days
Anyway i made my first october festbeer last year with wyeast 2633 octoberfest lager blend , the beer came out my best beer to date . Im a czech pilsner man myself and it smashed all my past pilsners with wyeast 2001 pc , wyeast 2278 and wlp 833 bock .

I went back done the fest beer again same recipee but with 833 bock Yeast and a tiny bit of melanoidin malt . The beer was no where as good or nothing special
I will be doing the fest beer again this year with the 2633 and evan gona try that yeast in a few light pilsners this summer

Last edited:
Omega Oktoberfest is what I used last year on a Festbier and just done another batch for this year using it.

Back