First Brew is a go!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PortersBrew

Reaction score
Hi all.

Reece here from the Midlands, well Leicester to be exact. Came across the forum while looking for reviews and threads regarding starter brew kits and coopers beer kits. This forum looks to be a good place for help and information. Already got my eye on the Home Brew Festival in Market Bosworth later this year as it is not too far from me and will be an interesting day/weekend.

I've wanted to have a go at home brewing for a while now and I was lucky enough to receive a Home-Brew-Online starter kit (with 40 bottles) as a christmas present from my better half.

I then purchased the following from Tesco in their clearance sale (all for half price or lower):

- Coopers Real Ale kit
- Coopers Australian Pale Ale kit
- Coopers Mexican Cerveza kit
- Coopers brew enhancer 2 (x3)
- Coopers carbonation drops (x3)
- 5 gallon pressure barrel

I used the real ale kit first which fermented for 7 days and until the SG settled at 1.010 yesterday and was then transferred to the pressure barrel.

Look forward to learning and sharing my brewing success stories with yourselves.

Welcome aboard. There is no going back once you've started, you ready for that?!!

Think my other half is regretting buying me the kit. Been non-stop looking at the forums and net for ideas and bottles and barrels around the house haha.

already considering getting one of the other kits in the FV while the real ale goes through the secondary fermentation.

I learned quickly to make something the Mrs. Would like. Then once plied with HB she's more wiling to talk flavours of the next batch. And things I'm actually interested in.

Coming to you live from the shed as shes watching big brother.

I learned quickly to make something the Mrs. Would like. Then once plied with HB she's more wiling to talk flavours of the next batch. And things I'm actually interested in.

Coming to you live from the shed as shes watching big brother.
You must be good,women are hard to please,do you have a recipe :grin:

Moved the barrel to a cooler place today to continue to condition. Curiosity got the better of me and I poured small sample. Not looking too bad, if I do say so myself.

IMG_20160129_16781.jpg

Latest posts

Back