First "proper" shiny

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did my first brew with the new toy yesterday! So much better than the old one. Gives a good rolling boil that I control by lifting the lid to one side. Easy to clean, and the other brewery stuff fits inside fine when not in use.
I found that a round pizza tray fits inside exactly, so I can stack two layers of bottles in it with my fishtank heater and use it as a conditioning container for my bottles in my freezing shed.
The tap and hosebarb reaches to the centre of my spargy thing, so I just heat the sparge water and turn on the tap to match the outflow from my IGLOO, makes it so simple. (The last one had a useless tap)
Very pleased, thanks Rob the miller, quality equipment :thumb:
Also..... I was looking at how to measure the liquid inside and didn't want to scratch marks on my shiny. I have found that the depth in litres is almost exactly the depth in centimetres. So 10 cm = 10litres, 20cm = 20litres etc. So I just dip my rule in.

Glad its working well mate, that's how I marked my sight glass' but it was 8mm to a litre.

It came with a beautifully crafted hop filter, but as I have always drawn off from above the hops I took it out. The tap is so low there is almost no waste.

Hi your boiler looks great, where did you get it from. If you can post a link etc that would be great.

Back