First sup tomorrow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunyp

Reaction score
Hello all its time to give my first batch ever done a sup tomorrow :cheers: , now do i put it in the fridge tonight for a chill or what (they are all bottled and it was a youngs lager kit) many thanks in advance and all the best, heres to hopeing its a god un :pray: , will let you know
:drink:

I'm having to start supping my Youngs lager tonight, a bit eager as I left it exactly 2 weeks from bottling to drinking, I have nothing else in to drink. :thumb:

Well, it all cleared perfectly in the bottles, in the fridge it went cloudy (it's only been 2 weeks bottled though). It's ok, tastes a bit yeasty though, so I'm leaving the rest of it till xmas in the hope the flavour improves. I bottled the Coopers European today for xmas :party: , then I set off a Coopers Australian.. I really like the Coopers range, can you tell? :lol:

in my experience most lagers get chill haze.

I was told its something to do with the temperature when the kits are being made, i believe there is a chemical you can add if your doing it AG but if your using kits i think you just grin and bear it.

personally i prefered mine room temp or cool out the garage rather than out the fridge.

chill haze doesnt affect taste.

jon

I've just started drinking a coopers australian lager that i bottled a month ago, did it with 500g of light spraymalt, 500g sugar and a brupak lager flavapak. It is very nice no chill haze at all after being in the fridge overnight. Not sure if it is the spraymalt but it is really smooth almost a carling premier like smoothness. I think that when i do another i will probably leave out the flavapak. I had a try of it after 2 weeks and wasn't very impressed but after a month it has improved soooo much, well worth the wait

I have mine in a keg as I had no room left (coopers euro lager) and although i only kegged it the other day couldnt help but try a sample, I think its fantastic, im just going to leave it now for xmas but somehow i cant see it lasting that long as the wife has her eye on it, prob will start another this week just for back up lol. I honestly cant fault the coopers so far. Not being a big drinker im still trying to find which i like the most ie beer,lager,cider, out of the three i would say im more into a cross between a lager and a bitter, some sort of light bitter i suppose so any suggestions would be appreciated, i have the wherry bitter here and though im impressed with it i couldnt drink a lot of it in one go something a little lighter would suit me.

I'm patting myself on the back for being patient. My first kit, the Brupak N. German Pils was bottled a week ago and was moved outside last night. Will try & wait another 2 weeks before my first drink.

Coopers Real Ale is in the fermenting bucket, will probably be ready for kegging by the weekend.

I'm a great one for free postage with orders over £60, so sitting in the cupboard waiting their turn are.

Colne Valley Bitter
Dusseldorfer Alt (20 pint kit)
Coopers IPA
Coopers European Lager

paulbrrtt said:
Not being a big drinker im still trying to find which i like the most ie beer,lager,cider, out of the three i would say im more into a cross between a lager and a bitter, some sort of light bitter i suppose so any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm looking for something similar myself. As someone who has only recently returned to brewing I haven't tried them myself yet, but the Woodfordes Great Eastern & the Brupaks Fixby Gold would seem to match the description of what you're looking for.

Paulie Walnuts said:
paulbrrtt said:
Not being a big drinker im still trying to find which i like the most ie beer,lager,cider, out of the three i would say im more into a cross between a lager and a bitter, some sort of light bitter i suppose so any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm looking for something similar myself. As someone who has only recently returned to brewing I haven't tried them myself yet, but the Woodfordes Great Eastern & the Brupaks Fixby Gold would seem to match the description of what you're looking for.

I did a Great Eastern a couple of months ago and it turned out fantastic especially during the summer months when i fancied something a bit lighter.

Tonight is the proper night I've started to drink my Yound Definative Lager kit. It's not a bad drink to be honest. Tastes totally different on week 3 than it did on week 2. I'm on my 4th 1L bottle and feel pretty.... You get the picture.

My current Coopers OZ brew has dropped from 1046 to 1010 in just 6 days in a 20L FV... :thumb:

Youngs is a good drink for the price of the kit, at £6.99 I can't grumble.. The taste isn't as good as the Coopers though, but it goes down a treat :cheers: .

Back