First Turbo Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorted a job out :)
Nice one mate, happy for you!

In other news I bottled up my TCs yesterday! 7.8 and 7.9% respectively.

Attachments

• 0BCF82E5-BDC4-4AAB-B785-5A0B03F96C03.jpeg
    0BCF82E5-BDC4-4AAB-B785-5A0B03F96C03.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 52
Nice one mate, happy for you!

In other news I bottled up my TCs yesterday! 7.8 and 7.9% respectively.
Cheers.

Don't make my mistake and have it as a session Cider watching the rugby haha!

In a good turn of events today, I put a stout in my pressure barrel, it leaked pressure out the top so I tried to fix it and just left it... Tried it oj Friday after putting it outside to be cool for drinking... Nothing, no pressure.. so given up on it and left it behind a chair in living room .

Gone to try and pour some to make a "Shandy" and it's beautifully carbonated fresh from the barrel. 🙂

Keef- glad your stout turned out ok, those PBs are ‘orrible little buggers!

pezza - sure no problem, mine are a take on the original recipe from the OP in the big TC thread (sorry cannot recall his name) with minor adjustments just to suit. Ive now got 6 spare 5L ashbeck bottles sitting empty from beer brewing so will have to do some more....!

Apple cider:

4.5L apple juice (this happened to be Coop but any without preservatives will do) Also may want to reduce this slightly to avoid airlock explosions, or use blowoff valve! Room temperature

200ml strong tea (kettle boiled, 2 yorkshire gold bags- I know fancy!)

1 teaspoon pectonase, dissolved in tea

270g sugar, also dissolved in tea

2.5g yeast (I ended up buying GV4 yeast from Brew2bottle).

OG was 1.052
FG was 0.992

2 weeks ferment, then backsweetened in bottle with 3 Candarel tablets per 500ml bottle

Forest Fruits cider:

As above, but use Coops Forest Fruits juice x3 L and 1.5L apple juice

100g sugar only (as sugar content of FF juice higher)

OG - 1.055
FG- 0.996

This took a lot more Candarel to backsweeten- 7 tablets per 500ml bottle

Ive yet to try any fully carbed and conditioned but initial sampling was pleasant and can definitely say they were alcoholic!

Latest posts

Back