Footwear for the brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a pair of crocs a couple of years ago for when in the camper to slip on when having to go to the loo in the middle of the night (it comes to us all) and now have a house pair and brew in pair, though they are normal ones. My wife has a couple of funky looking ones, Crocs for the win 🤣

I bought a pair of crocs a couple of years ago for when in the camper to slip on when having to go to the loo in the middle of the night (it comes to us all) and now have a house pair and brew in pair, though they are normal ones. My wife has a couple of funky looking ones, Crocs for the win 🤣
An honest confession.

I'm with you. What you lose in street cred, you gain in comfort and arch support.

There was a thread here about a member burning his foot while brewing he posted some pictures as a warning to other members to wear suitable footwear.

Last edited:
With these scare stories, I'm digging the yellow big brewery boots out of the cupboard and going full Beastie Boy.
artworks-000138580227-fclexj-t500x500.jpg

I love my crocs! They’re probably the most useful footwear I own…. If you want some solid wellie type boots, look at Dunlop Rigger boots…. Lightweight, chem and heat resistant, grippy soles, warm lined and just allround comfy!

Old running shoes. I always wear running shoes. I assume people only look above the ankles, so I don’t pay too much attention to footwear appearance. Bonus: the shoes would get soaked on a decent trail run anyway, so who cares if they get wet from spilled beer?

I'm late to this thread, but wellies as a minimum for me, generally I use waterproof steel toe cap work boots. I appreciate I am risk-averse, and so it's probably overkill, but with plenty of hot and heavy things in my brew space, I don't want to chance it.

I brew in my slippers... But I probably should get something like the crocs/wellies/steel toe boots, as I am always a walking disaster

I've dissed crocs ever since they came onto the market and now I find myself having to eat humble pie. I bought a pair (I had a weak moment) and honestly, despite the ridiculousness of the things, they're the most comfy shoes I've ever owned.

I wouldn't have more than a single pair and I would never add those stupid attachments/decorations people fit in the holes because that is a step too far but happily wear them on almost any occasion including brewing (against my better judgement). I wore them at a metal festival last year and will be wearing them at the same metal festival this year.

#CrocLife

Back