For those in Scotland (and near Aldi)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dufresne

Reaction score
Aldi's Scottish beer festival started again today. Not all stores seem to stock all lines, but there are some good anes in there and some god prices too.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Great, thanks! That Mor beer (second golden from the left) is brewed about 200 yards from my parents' house!

The Skye Tarasgeir is a cracker. Nice and light but they've managed to get a fair bit of smokeyness into it.

Aye, was at school with the Mor guys' kids.

Double Joker IPA is one of my favourite all-time double IPAs. Worth a punt!

Aye, was at school with the Mor guys' kids.

Double Joker IPA is one of my favourite all-time double IPAs. Worth a punt!

Got one in the bag, liked the idea of it. Off to a wedding this weekend, so that'll be stuck in the bar-car or bar-bath, depending on logistics!

Aye, was at school with the Mor guys' kids

You from Monifieth then? That's where I live now, grew up in the Ferry and my folks moved to Kellas when I was at uni.

A friend of mine claims his granddad taught the Mor guys everything they know!

You from Monifieth then? That's where I live now, grew up in the Ferry and my folks moved to Kellas when I was at uni.

A friend of mine claims his granddad taught the Mor guys everything they know!

I am indeed! Jamie (his eldest son) was in my year at school. I hadn't even realised the Hughan's were involved until we met them at the Fisherman's Beerfest with their beer (which, incidentally, Paul and I play music at every year - 7th year this year!).

Honestly, not a big fan of their beers but then it's mostly real ale they do and that generally happens to be flat stuff...

Looking forward to the Fish (and the Fort) this year again!

I am indeed! Jamie (his eldest son) was in my year at school. I hadn't even realised the Hughan's were involved until we met them at the Fisherman's Beerfest with their beer (which, incidentally, Paul and I play music at every year - 7th year this year!).

Honestly, not a big fan of their beers but then it's mostly real ale they do and that generally happens to be flat stuff...

Looking forward to the Fish (and the Fort) this year again!

Paul Matthew? Until my son was born I played badminton with Paul a couple of times I was the treasurer of the badminton club he goes to, and his dad taught me to drive. You guys played Chris and Laura's wedding didn't you? Chris's mum is my mum's best pal.

I've been to the Fish beer festival every year since 2002 (when I was 17, but only a couple of months from being 28). You know it's the end of July this year (my birthday weekend)!

Until my son was born I played badminton with Paul a couple of times I was the treasurer of the badminton club he goes to, and his dad taught me to drive. You guys played Chris and Laura's wedding didn't you?

I've been to the Fish beer festival every year since 2002 (when I was 17)

Jeez, small world ey? Yeah, that was our first wedding we ever played. We charged Chris and Laura four bottles of rum (two each) and a bar tab for that night... damned good night that was, even despite the drunk, violent Weegee one of our friends brought with her.

I've always said Dundee is the world's biggest small village...

Seeing as you're both local lads then...there's a homebrew club held at the brewdog Dundee every month. Next one is Wed 16th March @ 8pm. Already got Lagerlad from on here involved.

Generally we sink a few beers, taste each others beers and chat about...beers. It's an eclectic bunch with accomplished brewers, professional brewers and newbies.

The Mor the merrier!

Seeing as you're both local lads then...there's a homebrew club held at the brewdog Dundee every month. Next one is Wed 16th March @ 8pm. Already got Lagerlad from on here involved.

Generally we sink a few beers, taste each others beers and chat about...beers. It's an eclectic bunch with accomplished brewers, professional brewers and newbies.

The Mor the merrier!

Heh, i'd love to come round. Unfortunately i'm in the same position as Mick - my wee lad turns 5 this year so I don't get out as much as i'd like!

The Mor the merrier!

Same boat as EzraBurke here, I have a 2 year old and a 6 month old, and I work in Perth, so it doesn't suit me at the mo! I saw it advertised on the BD Facebook page and it does look interesting!

Well, invite is always open if either of you have a school night free.

If there are any other local brewers that you think may be interested, please feel free to pass the details on.

Cheers
Andy

Latest posts

Back