Forum Bitter take 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/quote]
I am really tempted to bin this brew and start again :cry:[/quote]
Not good :( i'd let it ferment out just in case

Think this is the first post I have seen of yours Vossy with the new larger brewery in action :clap:

Not seen that fermentation cupboard in your kitchen before - is that a recent addition?

Not seen that fermentation cupboard in your kitchen before - is that a recent addition?

Yep, clicky though TBH even I'm sick of it being in the kitchen :lol: I now have to dismantle the kitchen table everytime I want to brew :cry:

Think this is the first post I have seen of yours Vossy with the new larger brewery in action

It's produced some good beers so far, though not many, this last brew may be it's 1st bad one :roll:

I racked this beer off tonight using my new multiple racking jobby

CIMG0929400x300.jpg

Worked a dream, made racking 3 corny's a lot quicker :cool:

CIMG0930300x400.jpg

Easy to see the liquid level line via the condensation on the corny

CIMG0938400x300.jpg

I came home this avo to find the ATC sitting at 2.3 deg c....it only goes down to 5 :wha:
I checked the set target temperature and it was 2 deg :?
When I racked the beer it was at 3.5 deg c

Vossy1 said:
I racked this beer off tonight using my new multiple racking jobby

CIMG0929400x300.jpg

Arrgh the thought of cleaning 3 cornies each time I brew is too much! - Unless of course you have a cunning low labour method :wha:

eskimobob said:
Arrgh the thought of cleaning 3 cornies each time I brew is too much! - Unless of course you have a cunning low labour method :wha:

Pressure washer does a pretty good job :D

Of course one thing that I discovered was a mistake was to invert the corny (well you want the water to drain don't you) . . . insert the lance into the corny . . . . Switch on . . . . Drop lance and run down the garden to retrieve the Corny which became a shiny silver missile from where it lodged in the tree :hmm: :oops:

Aleman said:
insert the lance into the corny . . . . Switch on . . . . Drop lance and run down the garden to retrieve the Corny which became a shiny silver missile from where it lodged in the tree :hmm: :oops:

:rofl: classic! :lol:

As fro Cornie cleaning I use a cup of soda crystals, fill with hot water, haev a cup of tea, empty rinse well. swill with Idophor and fill with ale. Easy peasy
It does help if you give them a quick soda crystal swill and rinse just after they are emptied.l also like to give them a quick Co2 purge before storing them under a little pressure

i'm lazy and dont clean my cornies until i need to fill one, then clean them all at once. never had scum stubborn enough to not come off with hot water from the shower head yet, and a slightly stronger mix of richies powder seems to bring em out fresh n clean again ;)

Of course one thing that I discovered was a mistake was to invert the corny (well you want the water to drain don't you) . . . insert the lance into the corny . . . . Switch on . . . . Drop lance and run down the garden to retrieve the Corny which became a shiny silver missile from where it lodged in the tree

:lol: :lol:

Aleman said:
Of course one thing that I discovered was a mistake was to invert the corny (well you want the water to drain don't you) . . . insert the lance into the corny . . . . Switch on . . . . Drop lance and run down the garden to retrieve the Corny which became a shiny silver missile from where it lodged in the tree :hmm: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :clap: Fantastic image in my head now - don't tell MI5 :D
Sounds like you guys don't bother dismantling the posts and scrubbing the poppets etc - oh and what about brusing the inside of the dip tube??

Shamelessly...I'm drinking this already after less than a week maturing.
This is the first time I've used invert sugar at such a high proprtion (20%) and I think I can taste it.
There's a sort of harsh sweetness, the kind you get with artificial sweeteners.

I generally like the taste invert sugar gives but this may be too much.
If any makes it to maturation...I'll let you know if it subsides ;)

UPDATE, this first corny of this beer is almost gone :( ...but...the harsh initial taste is maturing out of the beer :party: and it's turning into quite a nice pint :drink:

I still prefer the first forum bitter, especially the bottled version...which is now.....quite...no not quite...very good :cool:

Latest posts

Back