Forum brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forum brew

• Mild

• Bitter

• Irish stout

• Dry stout

• steam beer

• APA

• Fruit beer

• Brown ale

Results are only viewable after voting.
keith1664 said:
Assuming everyone who's voted is taking part how much does it cost to post 33 bottles of beer? :!:
So how does this work? Who's judging or how many bottles are we meant to send where?

Even though it's probably a lost cause, i have also voted for Steam Beer since it doesn't get brewed very often and could be quite interesting to get right, what with the bottom fermenting yeast and that...

APA for me. Firstly cos I've never brewed one and secondly I haven't had the time looking up to see what a steam beer is.

So how does this forum brew work? and When? :D

looks like APA is a nose ahead! Luckily it's a style I brew a fair bit! :thumb:

Come oooonn you Steam Beer! :lol:

It's going to make a late surge I can feel it :shock:

Now, if I can only find a way to hack into the poll :whistle:

Ok then, as I've got a Yankish brew on the go at the moment I've joined the Mild camp.

If it goes that way though I'll be attempting a Trad. Mild :drink:
(and I'm not playing swopsies with anyone who's fannying around in the low thirties)

Moley said:
keith1664 said:
Assuming everyone who's voted is taking part how much does it cost to post 33 bottles of beer? :!:
So how does this work? Who's judging or how many bottles are we meant to send where?

keith1664 said:
I've not done one before... do we all swap beers, or is there a panel of experts???

Its basically freestyle. It costs around £4.50 to send through parcel force so you just put a budget on how much you want to spend and then swpa with people. Usually people write up reports of the beer on the forum.

Moley said:
If it goes that way though I'll be attempting a Trad. Mild :drink:
(and I'm not playing swopsies with anyone who's fannying around in the low thirties)
:nono: :nono: Anyone can brew a beer of 5% or more, it takes real skill to brew a flavourful balanced beer of around 3.5% ;)

I take your point and consider myself admonished, but I'm not going to brew something I've never drunk.

I thought Mild (by its mid-late 20th Century definition) was what boys or youths drank before they graduated to real beer, before lager was invented :whistle:

Eradite said:
Can I recast my vote ? :whistle:
You can now :thumb:

I hope you don't mind Eddie, I've just changed the poll options to allow re-voting.

robsan77 said:
APA it is then???
Not necessarily, still 6 days to run.

I brewed a mild as my last one .. 4% and rather good ... maybe a little 'sweet' though. Might cut back on the crystal next time. Certainly a beer to be drank young though.

Is this going to be more expensive on postage than on ingredients?

That's not what I voted for though! :D

As long as its to vote for mild ;)[/quote]

Come on the Mild! :pray:

31bb3 said:
As part of the moderator team no i dont mind :thumb:
As long as its to vote for mild ;)
Well I think that it has become fairly obvious that it's going to be between APA, Mild or Bitter, so it seemed a shame that any who opted for Stouts, Fruit or Steam couldn't switch their votes.

Latest posts

Back