Forum brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forum brew

• Mild

• Bitter

• Irish stout

• Dry stout

• steam beer

• APA

• Fruit beer

• Brown ale

Results are only viewable after voting.

31bb3

Landlord.
Reaction score
A few weeks ago there was talk of a forum brew basically decide on what style of beer all brew this style then do swapsys.So anyone interested ive been asked by Wez to arrange a vote so here goes :-
If the designer brewers among us want to join in then that fine after the style is agreed then we can go into more depth as to what hops etc

Wez said:
Fekkin mild!!!!

Who suggested Mild!!!!!

Its one of the hardest styles to get right Wez, I've not managed one yet.

Most peoples efforts turn out to be watery uninspiring beers, a good one will stand right out, so its a good one to sort the men out from the boys, so to speak.

UP

unclepumble said:
Wez said:
Fekkin mild!!!!
Who suggested Mild!!!!!
It's one of the hardest styles to get right Wez, I've not managed one yet.

Most peoples efforts turn out to be watery uninspiring beers, a good one will stand right out, so its a good one to sort the men out from the boys, so to speak.
Looking through Wheeler the only two I would ever contemplate brewing are the Gale's Festival Mild (OG 1.054) and the Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby (OG 1.058). He also says that in the early-mid 1800s Milds would have had OGs of 1.070-1.085 .... now that could be interesting.

Not voting yet, I'm off to see if I can find out what a steam beer is.

I dont fancy brewing a mild and its winning the votes atm! :shock:

Moley said:
unclepumble said:
Wez said:
Fekkin mild!!!!
Who suggested Mild!!!!!
It's one of the hardest styles to get right Wez, I've not managed one yet.

Looking through Wheeler the only two I would ever contemplate brewing are the Gale's Festival Mild (OG 1.054) and the Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby (OG 1.058). He also says that in the early-mid 1800s Milds would have had OGs of 1.070-1.085 .... now that could be interesting.

Not voting yet, I'm off to see if I can find out what a steam beer is.

Thats Trad Mild Moley, the best type.

Mild means Young (fresh) Beer not weak, it was the taxation in the early 19th century that made mild weak.

UP

so its a good one to sort the men out from the boys, so to speak.
Perhaps so, but it might also put a lot of brewers off for just that reason, though looking at the poll maybe not :lol:
Personally, I brew to drink, and not having a lot of time to brew different ales, that predominantly means IPA or ESB, so I'm out :(

BTW..APA's can also be a real ball ache to get right :P those hops don't hang around :shock:

Mild might be interesting, I really used to like a pint of Ansells miild when I was a student in Wales it had nice nutty taste to it. That was some years (11!) ago. It would be nice to try it again and see if it really was as good as I remember. Anyway I voted for the steam beer, but I could brew a mild on Wednesday as I already have everything in for it ! :D

I voted for Mild and if anyone is in any doubt that Mild can be a dam good pint I recommend getting hold of a bottle of Elgoods BLACK DOG. I got one from Tesco today after having a pint in a local pub last weekend and it is a dam good beer. Bottled or Draught.

Assuming everyone who's voted is taking part how much does it cost to post 33 bottles of beer? :!:

Latest posts

Back