Forum Changes 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't Trump build a fancy golf course somewhere in the UK that went just perfectly well? :lol:

He did indeed... he still gets pelted with stuff now when he turns up.

I really do not understand why anyone would think that TRUMP is a good idea to lead the USA. Maybe we should try and elect Alan Sugar!!

I've had several pints of Exmoor Gold over the years. It's always pretty good, but I remember one being really superb, like a religious experience! And it was certainly down to the fermentation. And that's the same beer brewed in the same place by the same people.

I'm still chuckling at Clibit's describing a pint of Exmoor Gold as a religious experience.... :) I'm not denying it, or laughing at religion, it was just a comical idea - I imagined Homer Simpson saying it. :)

I shoudl think about using more expensive yeasts maybe. I've always been a skin flint and have been so far happy to buy a packet of Nottingham to make my English pale ale. It is probably more of an IPA really, but I'm really getting a liking for it. It comes out pretty consistent now as long as I get the mash temp right.

I think Mr Turmp is a reincarnation of Mussolini.

2015-12-08-1449591417-170352-DonaldTrump.png

benito_mussolini.jpg

I'm still chuckling at Clibit's describing a pint of Exmoor Gold as a religious experience.... :) I'm not denying it, or laughing at religion, it was just a comical idea - I imagined Homer Simpson saying it. :)

I shoudl think about using more expensive yeasts maybe. I've always been a skin flint and have been so far happy to buy a packet of Nottingham to make my English pale ale. It is probably more of an IPA really, but I'm really getting a liking for it. It comes out pretty consistent now as long as I get the mash temp right.

I think Mr Turmp is a reincarnation of Mussolini.

2015-12-08-1449591417-170352-DonaldTrump.png

benito_mussolini.jpg

If you want to try other yeasts they don't have to be expensive. Just culture them up from bottles. You wont get the range of Wyeast or White Labs but if you do your research of which bottles contain which yeast you can get your mitts on quite a few strains. You dont even have to buy DME as the culture medium you can use your own fresh wort. On brew day, just before you add hops portion some off and then freeze it for when you want to use it for bottle culturing. Just remember to boil it for 15 mins before you use it

It WAS a religious experience. And I AM Homer Simpson.

Have we got a Sticky on what are good bottles to build up a culture from? Maybe worth starting one. I'd like to have a bash at that in a few brews time.

If you want to try other yeasts they don't have to be expensive. Just culture them up from bottles. You wont get the range of Wyeast or White Labs but if you do your research of which bottles contain which yeast you can get your mitts on quite a few strains. You dont even have to buy DME as the culture medium you can use your own fresh wort. On brew day, just before you add hops portion some off and then freeze it for when you want to use it for bottle culturing. Just remember to boil it for 15 mins before you use it

Yes I should try that Myqul. Thanks for the tip.

Latest posts

Back