Free hops to collect - Scotland Central Belt - Now offering postage (details in post #6)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocAnna

Queen's Knot Brewing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The very generous Dave Lannigan at Ride Brewing Co has offered up some spare hops for collection, these are whole leaf hops. I've already filled all that I could from the kind offer from Glasgow home brewers facebook group. Dave apparently has more and has offered for me to collect them. Now I already have plenty but if there were takers from Central Scotland that would like some free whole leaf hops then I'd be willing to collect a few bales and if you brought your own containers you could come and collect a share yourselves. At the moment I have some Saaz, Perle and Ekuanot, but I've no idea what Dave has left at the moment.

If you'd be interested could you let me know as I don't think it would be fair of me to collect the hops and not have anyone to offer them to since I couldn't use them all myself? I live in central Stirling and work from home during the day time so could share my address for collection if anyone would like.

I'm going to try to collect some bales of hops tomorrow and will post what is available. I have almost a kg each of the hops so I'm not looking at keeping any myself. Oddly enough I don't have freezer space for this amount of hops so I'm looking at doing some interesting heavily dry hopped beers in the near future!

Anna

Wrong end of the country for me. I would of course be more than happy to reimburse postage if someone was kind enough to send some hops to me. Feel free to send me a message!

athumb..

Wrong end of the country for me. I would of course be more than happy to reimburse postage if someone was kind enough to send some hops to me. Feel free to send me a message!

athumb..
Would you be willing to act as a collection point for others, the bales are pretty big? I think I can send a bale for about £9 by Hermes but I'll need to confirm that. I've checked with the admins here and to confirm I'm not making any money from this, just looking to share the good fortune, and let's be honest it's about community freezer space as no one is going to have enough space to store the bales in their freezers!

Anna

Would you be willing to act as a collection point for others, the bales are pretty big? I think I can send a bale for about £9 by Hermes but I'll need to confirm that. I've checked with the admins here and to confirm I'm not making any money from this, just looking to share the good fortune, and let's be honest it's about community freezer space as no one is going to have enough space to store the bales in their freezers!

Anna
Hi Anna,I unfortunately live Derry NI though would be willing to pay the postage and take them off your hands and could split them with a few local Brewer's @samale being one if he has the room although I certainly do.

Just post when you know what you have.
I might be interested depending on type but it would be postage which I will obviously pay for if you decide to do that

Anna

Hi Anna. I'm in Bristol and just thinking it through as to whether it would be practical for me to store/distribute locally. How big is a bale? Regardless, if it isn't practical to split it down into smaller amounts at your end (quite understand that it's not fair for one person to get lumbered) then I'm willing to pay the £9 or thereabouts for postage as I've suddenly got some mad ideas about trying hop teas and excessive amounts of dry hopping!

Last edited:
Ok, I’ve picked up the hops and sadly not quite as much left available as I’d thought. I have 5 kg of First Gold and 10kg of Summit whole leaf hops. In view of this I’ll pack down to 500g batches if needed to post and distribute on the basis of postage cost. Please post here your request and I’ll see what I can do. I’d prefer local pick up if you can.
Huge thanks to Dave at Ride Brewing for these hops though. Ride Brewing Cø

1E50F26B-770B-4FF3-93A6-B32DC11BAD8D.jpeg

They were brewing an IPA today - brilliant to see this sort of scale of setup.
0C4AB0A6-95BF-4D07-8DC2-291FD4B7E47F.jpeg

Anna

Last edited:
Hi Anna. That's very good of you. If the units are 500g one of each would be great for me please, so 1KG in total. Message me regarding how you want payment. Royal Mail should be fine for a package that size, but obviously do what works for you.

For local pick up pm me a message when you'd roughly like to come along. I work from home so am fairly flexible though would need to avoid meetings I'm leading. Ideally if you could bring your own container that would help 😄. For postage, I'll need to work out packaging and postage. I've a vacuum sealer arriving soon so will be able to pack down to hopefully a reasonably compact size but it will be mid to later next week before I can post. Please don't be shy, I can't fridge or freeze this sort of quantity so please ask for whatever works for you.

Anna

For local pick up pm me a message when you'd roughly like to come along. I work from home so am fairly flexible though would need to avoid meetings I'm leading. Ideally if you could bring your own container that would help 😄. For postage, I'll need to work out packaging and postage. I've a vacuum sealer arriving soon so will be able to pack down to hopefully a reasonably compact size but it will be mid to later next week before I can post. Please don't be shy, I can't fridge or freeze this sort of quantity so please ask for whatever works for you.

Anna
If it is possible to post and its not too much hassle, would appreciate 500g of each or less if you have others members looking some.

Thanks

500g of each for me Anna postage is West Yorkshire just pm me with postage and packing cost
many thanks

Thanks all so far, based on the requests by pm, that looks like I'm almost out of the First Gold, and have about 3kg left of the Summit.
I've requests from @jayk34 @Random Badger @stuarts @GeorgieV @Gerryjo and @the baron
Edit: adding @Benfleet Brewery @Rento
I've kept 200g of each for myself. I hadn't realised till I worked out that there's over £500 of hops sitting in those boxes, which is a bit barmy :oops:.

Anna

Last edited:
if nobody wants the Summit up my order to a kilo of summit and 500g of First Gold if that helps Anna if you get plenty of requests for it just drop my order to the initial request of 500g of each
Thanks The Baron

Latest posts

Back