Free Speech

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I removed it. The misogyistic, racist, and homophobic views being expressed by some members on that thread were both deeply offensive and an embarrassment to the forum
Good.
It's about time someone took proper control of what is posted on our Forum :thumb:
And I didn't read what was in this particular thread, although I can well imagine what was in it given the subject.

It's about time someone took proper control of what is posted on our Forum

MyQul removed it but as with all decisions about removing threads/posts it was discussed with the other mods and we were all in agreement.

It was a disgrace, and there was a lot of deliberate trolling going on. There are members on here who shouldn't be made welcome if they think posting like that is OK.

Can somebody disagree with someone else and not be considered a troll?

Also why are members pushing for others to be banned because they post things that they don't agree with or like. That's a problem in this country, a small minority want to shut down anybody who doesn't share there narrow world view or what they personally view as acceptable.
I don't like some things people post but I don't automatically want them banned.
Isn't that something very similar to fascism?

Also why are members pushing for others to be banned because they post things that they don't agree with or like. That's a problem in this country, a small minority want to shut down anybody who doesn't share there narrow world view or what they personally view as acceptable.
I don't like some things people post but I don't automatically want them banned.

I presume you are referring to this, " It was a disgrace, and there was a lot of deliberate trolling going on. There are members on here who shouldn't be made welcome if they think posting like that is OK." by @linalmeemow ?

LM is perfectly correct. Trolling is against forum rules (see rule 5 http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/announcement.php?f=12&a=6) and will lead to a member being not welcome on the forum if they continue to break rule 5

You just don't get it, do you? I'm perfectly happy to disagree or argue with someone who holds different views as long as it's constructive, but you and the rest are incapable of doing so without it ending up with "hurr hurr coon cheese hurr hurr funny" in an attempt to get a reaction.

You just don't get it, do you? I'm perfectly happy to disagree or argue with someone who holds different views as long as it's constructive, but you and the rest are incapable of doing so without it ending up with "hurr hurr coon cheese hurr hurr funny" in an attempt to get a reaction.

Ah that's what the tears are about, it's a cheese that's has a daft name and you want people to get banned over it.
You really are one big baby.

No, the cheese thing was an example of something designed to provoke a reaction rather than to have a civilised discussion. I don't think that's what you want though, it's far easier to throw some lazy racism around then claim you're being oppressed.

I see you edited out 'peanut gallery'

Not me, squire. Speak to the mods if you want an explanation for that. I don't think peanut gallery is an offensive term if you check out its meaning.

Ah that's what the tears are about, it's a cheese that's has a daft name and you want people to get banned over it.
You really are one big baby.

Your still not getting it. It's not a "daft name" it's a racial epithet and one that people find deeply offensive. If you cant see that it's no wonder other members are wondering why you havent been banned yet

That was me. I posted earlier we will edit or completely remove posts that are against forum rules (without explantion)

As I said above, if you check out the meaning it's not strictly abusive / offensive but fair enough if you don't want it being used...

As I said above, if you check out the meaning it's not strictly abusive / offensive but fair enough if you don't want it being used...

It may not be strictly abusive/offensive but forum rules states - 1. Please post in a mature, sensible and respectful manner.

This includes any personal insults

Your still not getting it. It's not a "daft name" it's a racial epithet and one that people find deeply offensive. If you cant see that it's no wonder other members are wondering why you havent been banned yet

Maybe we ought to contact the makers of the cheese in question and ask them what THEY are playing at!

Latest posts

Back